The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » On Thin Air Levitation-A Review/Preview » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I have been trying to avoid this thread as well because ever since it started I been thinking, "Here we go again.." And I see I'm correct.

The old phrase my grandmother always says is: 'The more you stir yourself in ****, the more it smells' I think can pertain to this thread.

A number of well respected magicians have already given their view on this, and if you search for this topic if it hasn't been deleted yet, also there you can find it again to read for your viewing pleasure.

You know everyone is going to be divided among these issues as we see, so instead of getting yourself involved in some other peoples' legal dispute and affairs, why not keep your opinion(s) to yourself and just BUY IT or DON'T BUY IT based on your own intellectual argument?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I will not talk anymore on this matter.

Let's finally put this ever-going in a circle thread to rest.

Just my 2 cents..
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
I believe someone is making confusion between COPYRIGHT and PATENT. When you write a manuscript you have copyright on it. This means I can't copy it by means of any technical supports but I'm free to rewrite it from scratch. On the other side when you create a device or a machine you can protect it by patent. The copyright protects the form of expression rather than the subject matter of the writing. For example, a description of a machine could be copyrighted, but this would only prevent others from copying the description; it would not prevent others from writing a description of their own or from making and using the machine. Moreover when I patent a device I have to demonstrate that it is a WORKING DEVICE.

Hope this helps
Academy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » On Thin Air Levitation-A Review/Preview » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL