The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Interesting gig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Yestersay I got hired for an interesting gig.

It's a surprise 60th birthday for the wife of the gentleman who hired me. She never attended her high school prom, so that will be the theme of the party, and he's hired an a capella doo wop group to perform The Alley Cats. They'll be doing two half-hour sets with a half-hour break in between.

I'll be doing three half-hour formal close-up sets: before, between, and after The Alley Cats' sets.

Should be fun.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Sounds like a fun gig. Break a Leg!!

When is the party?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-01-19 22:36, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
When is the party?

March 9.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sounds like a lot of fun.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Theme birthday parties seem to be all the rage now. No one is content with a cake and some beer anymore. Not complaining at all, as that normally means more work for entertainers. And as a musician as well as magician, I occasionally double dip. Last year, a good friend had her 40th birthday party as a prom theme. Next month, I'll be the host for her husband's 50th. The theme is.....The Hollywood Squares. Yes, I get to live out my childhood dream of being a gameshow host.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1199 Posts

Profile of imgic
You going to wear pastel colored tux with frilly front shirt and velour bow tie?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-01-22 16:23, imgic wrote:
You going to wear pastel colored tux with frilly front shirt and velour bow tie?

Um . . . let me think.

No.

(But thanks for asking. Smile )
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3641 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Have a blast! I did a similar set once, and by the time you get to the end, most everyone has had a little too much to drink. Made for an interesting night.

Jim
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I did a 22 year old b-day party the other night. I've performed for intoxicated people many times but this was out of control. I put away my mentalism effects and took out the visual stuff. Floating objects, transpositions and penetrations were the most popular. When I took out the cards it was only for a few effects (In a Flash - Sankey, Twlilight Angels - let me tell you they loved this, Damage, Airtight, Branded and a few others!) A hell of a fun night though! Did some gross stuff near the end like "Sick", "Thread" and a few others. Im like a big kids playing with toys at these gigs. I broke teh code and had some drinks too but it seemed to just help out my rythym. So fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Interesting gig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL