The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is the name of this card production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
So, hands are put together so thumb touches thumb and index touches index, and then card appears between every finger? What is the name and were it can be learned?

RJH
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It sounds like you are describing the Benson Production. It can be found in Benson by Starlight and Volume One of Jeff McBride the Art of Card Manipulation.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Sorry, the fingers are OPEN. And a card appears between EVERY finger, so 1 between thumbs, 1 between indexes and so on.

RJH
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
It is Explained on Sanada DVD using round cards. He used continuous production of that type in his FISM act. Kisuk Lee also explains how to do it in "Blossom" routine on his Artist Visual DVD.
I don`t want to be rude but from 197 posts you have 190 posts are how and where to find some information. This forum is "magicians helping magicians" but please do yourself a favor and study books and DVDs on manipulation subject first to learn what you can and than ask for information you can`t find there.I know it takes time and money to get it all but it will pay off. Also, what other members here share with you might not be always right. Ball dropper IS used in a sleeve but use a wooden ball, only one. When you want to produce it press elbow against your stomach and move elbow back a bit than drop the hand and catch the ball as if it was just sleeved. It is one of my favorite ways to secretly introduce an additional ball during a ball routine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
RJH, your description in words is very poor, do you have the YouTube video reference you are referring to?

I read your original post as the hands were put together like praying, I believe mtpascoe did as well, thus his reference.

Are you speaking of the Christian and Marco Tendo Roll Down Production?

Please read this entire thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=10

If this is still not what you are talking about, then you need a reference.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The move is known as the Coin Star it is in Bobo's Coin Magic Book. It is usually done with coins. I believe it is by Manuel.

This performer is just doing it with round cards. Seems Bojan knew exactly what you were referring to, even though you did not mention round playing cards, which is an important thing to mention.

I will second Bojan's comments. You have been asking about things, but seems like you have not obtained one suggestion that was given. It is more and more like you are only a Mole or Troll seeking secrets and where to look for them.

I have stopped answering many of your questions just for these reasons. There is no use to answering your questions if you are not going to actually pursue the references. So this will be the last comments from me until you show some interest in actually learning manipulations.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Let me tell you all , Bojan is one of the most knowledgeable magicians especially , if you want to know about rare manipulation moves and gimmicks .
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Bill, I did not mention round cards, because I have seen it done with normal cards too. It's up to you if you don't answer my questions. It's hard to show ''interests'' in manipulation, you talking about skill or information? If you're talking about information I can make you a list of books and DVDs about manipulation that I own. Thank you. You have been great guy to me, and I hope that you will someday be again.

RJH
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
RJH

You can definitely do it with regular cards, and its been done for a LONG time. I know I saw it in the Vernon Book of Magic by Dai Vernon. I believe its also taught on Charlie Frye's Eccentricks Dvd's. It's always been more of a flourish then a production. The production looks a bit clumsy in my opinion, so if you're going to use it I'd just use it as a flourish after you produce five cards. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

-Leo
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
The Vernon Book you mentioned has the Five Coin Star, but not with cards. I don't know how this can be converted to cards. I suppose you could, but it won't have much of an impact.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Quote:
On 2013-01-26 03:04, mtpascoe wrote:
The Vernon Book you mentioned has the Five Coin Star, but not with cards. I don't know how this can be converted to cards. I suppose you could, but it won't have much of an impact.

Ummmm........ not trying to be rude, but do you know what you're talking about? Do you have the book? I have the book sitting in front of me, and the last few paragraphs in the section on the 5 coin star are on making the star w/ cards. And how would you know how much of an impact it has?! You didn't know it exists and yet you're trying to judge its value? I've used this move as a finale to my card manip routine, and I think it's a great closing flourish. And I'm not the only one. Charlie Frye uses it as his closing move too. Link Below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOX-GMwhqs

Yeah. I think it has impact. And I get a little offended when someone who admits ignorance on a move tries to judge its value. Try it out yourself, then form an educated opinion. Please don't badmouth a move you don't know.

-Leo
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Leomagnus I owe you an apology. I was trying to visualize it with cards and was thinking that since cards are flat and easier to to stack that the impact wouldn't be much. I just figured coins would make a bigger impression but clearly I was wrong.

I have the Vernon book you mentioned, but since it does have a lot of material in it, I never read the coin star all of the way through. The photos shows coins in it. And since the card variation was mentioned pretty close to the end of the section, I never saw it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-01-26 21:15, mtpascoe wrote:
Leomagnus I owe you an apology. I was trying to visualize it with cards and was thinking that since cards are flat and easier to to stack that the impact wouldn't be much. I just figured coins would make a bigger impression but clearly I was wrong.

I have the Vernon book you mentioned, but since it does have a lot of material in it, I never read the coin star all of the way through. The photos shows coins in it. And since the card variation was mentioned pretty close to the end of the section, I never saw it.

Don't feel bad, I missed that sentence as well.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Quote:
On 2013-01-26 21:15, mtpascoe wrote:

Apology accepted. I'm just a little touchy about material in books. In my local ring practically no one ever reads books, they act like its all dated/inferior etc. It drives me crazy! I mean how can someone call the books like tommy wonder's books of wonder outdated?! Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

-Leo
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I have so many old books and I cherish them like children. The matarial in it to me is not old. It's fresh because the audience is not familiar with 99% of what we do. It's a safe bet one of those gems will still fool the laypeople.

At the same token I don't have everything so when someone reference it, I might not have it available. Also, if I do, I have not read every trick in every book. They are like reference when I need them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is the name of this card production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL