The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone/iPod app: PhotoPrediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Am I the only one with these problems?
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
The Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
Hollywood,CA
19 Posts

Profile of The Perceptionist
I have them has well......
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Thanks for the update...I was waiting for comments before I purchased the App for my iPhone 6 Plus.
Guess I will wait a little longer for the bug fixes.
Long Island,

New York
orywithaC
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of orywithaC
Good update!
As for the timestamp, maybe there is a way for the app to read the timestamp from the last picture in your library, and you can set the prediction timestamp setting based on that.
Example: "Prediction is x amount of time after last photo taken"
This would be a good default if you are worried about the times not matching up.

Also, a way to choose a picture that appears before (or after) any preset would be good feature. For example, instead of making a whole new preset you can choose a before picture that says "I predict _____" then swipe to whatever prediction you have following that.
If you did this you can make the pictures you choose for before and after the prediction have timestamps that make sense.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all your support and patience! There's somethings that I want to put in PhotoPrediciton yet.

Danilton, if you use the first tab of "Photos" app, named "Photos", you don't need to have internet connection. Maybe something in your iPhone is configured different, but normally (at least on my device) the picture appears immediately. But the tip to using "My Photos Stream" to do a "confederate mode" is awesome.

Chester Sass, I released an update to fix these bugs. Smile

My best,

Gui
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Hi Gui,

Thank you for this great update.

Yes, I didn't realize about the photos tab until you mention it here. I use camera roll all the time and usually dislike how my photos arrangements in the photos tab so I never touch it. But it really work fantastic for PP. Loving this app more and more..

P.S. I just saw how photo stream work seamlessly in the photos tab. That's making the confederate mode working so much more better.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
If you know Roshambo. You can use PP to predict your winning hand like a week/month before you've met your spectators.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I downloaded this on Android last week and now I have a suspicion it's not the same app. Has this been released for Android by the same creator? Cuz Photoprediction shows up in Google Play Store.

I downloaded it but it's very bad. I emailed Gui but he has not responded.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Confirmed the Android app is not by the same creator as the iPhone one.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
I am a absolute Apple noob with a question,

I have a Iphone 4, iOS 7.1.2, (according to my phone the software is up to date).

The appstore says that the app is compatible with Every Iphone but it also says that it demands iOS 8.0 or higher....

Can or can't I use this app on my phone?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
No you can't use it. You need a minimum of an iPhone 4s to run ios8.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Mmm to bad, had a nice idea for this app.

Thanks for your help.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Marc!

Apple seems to have an option. If you buy the app from iTunes, you should download the last compatible version from iPhone. Unfortunately I didn't test it, but it should work.

You can try and tell us! If it doesn't work you can return the app to Apple, they will refund you. Smile

All my best,

Gui
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Hi Gui,

Thank you for the suggestion.
Just tryed it.

After pushing the buy button a message appears.
"this programm needs Ios8.0 or higher"
"You need to update this programm, ...."

When I go to the programm on my phone for a software update it says " IOS 7.1.2 , the software is up to date"

i just have to wait untill I can update my contract with my provider in a few months....

Thanks for the help though.
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
I am beta testing iOS 9 and I have some great news. Photo Prediction works flawlessly. And there is something that actually makes it work better. I don't know why, but now when you're inputting the "secret", the screen doesn't flash black.
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
I am beta testing iOS 9 and I have some great news. Photo Prediction works flawlessly. And there is something that actually makes it work better. I don't know why, but now when you're inputting the "secret", the screen doesn't flash black.

That's cool!
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Josh!

That's right! I'm very happy, it's an awesome step forward and will give even more comfort to present PhotoPrediction. iOS 9 will be released at this month, and everyone that uses PhotoPrediction should be pleased. Smile

Cheers,

Gui
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
After finally putting my Iphone 4 in the drawer and my purchase of a new Iphone 6S, I took a moment to look for a new and cool app.
Scrolling through some topics I think that PhotoPrediction will come closest to what I want to achieve.
Not quiet happy with the standard settings in the training mode but from what I have seen some settings can be rearranged.

My idea is to let a spector grab an imaginate hand of hand coins from his/her pocket and tell me what amount of coins is lying on their hand.
(You could say that it has to be between 0,05 - 5,- but I don't think that somebody will say more then 5 euros).
In the Netherlands the lowest coinvalue is 0,05 so between 0,05 and 5,- you have one hundred outs.

After them naming there amount of value on there hand I will show them a photo of my hand holding the same value.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
This app is just so cool!
Best money spend.

I am making another set of outs using a basic chess instruction book with about 130 pages in it.

The spectator see me with my back turned towards them making a picture of one of the chess book pages.
I then give the book to them and let them pick a page.
After they have done that I tell them that one of the basic rules in chess is to think one step ahead from your opponent.
I then show them a picture of the same page they have just picked them self!
avimag51
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Hello

as opposed to whats written on the instructions, the PP app not disappear after I enter my photo's album . the app stay in the background and I have to swipe it out . is it ok ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone/iPod app: PhotoPrediction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL