The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My 5 Favorite Tenyo & 5 Tenyo-Like to perform (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I never understand why people love that much Blue Crystal... Props is very very cheap plastic, illusion not really amazing, big plastic card very suspicious. Blue Crystal is a real mystery for me.
For me fadeaway case is much more stronger both I term of design and illusion. I think fadeaway case is totally underestimated trick. The routine choosen by Tenyo is maybe the problem, using the props to make desapear the center of a bill is not the better application for this props. Use it as a "wish" box that allows to materialize real card, a prediction, or photo or image, is a better idea and is very visual and strong. Like Masuda Wow ! but better for me, because the signed card can really appear gradually and finally materialize in front of the audience starting from nothing, from the empty frame.

I think it's also possible to use the shell of Fadeaway case and put the blue crystal props inside. The size is the same, the cover fit perfecly too, and the back of the unit is opened in the same way as Blue Crystal. For sure, if it's possible to do it, and put Blue Crystal props in the case of Fadeaway Case, the result would be very nice.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of edshern
LOL - & I never understood why anyone liked the Fadeaway Case Smile Just a picture going in and out of focus.
But, your idea of re-imagining the handling could change my mind. One of these days I will look again.

PS-Will post results of the non-Tenyo favorites.... so stay tuned.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
836 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I think there is something interesting about BLUE CRYSTAL - but the best use for it hasn't been discovered yet. Personally - I don't use the plastic card which came with the trick. I know that there wa sa booklet of ideas for the trick produced (by Dr Sawa or Hiro Sakai?) I am hoping Richard will republished some of the contents in his eagerly awaited Tenyo book.

If I could have included a top 6 list - then I would have mentioned PHANTOM CLOCK by Lubor Fiedler. Which I believe was produced by Tenyo? It really deserves to be in the top 5. But I felt like limiting my list to tricks that are performed for others.

Lastly - I heard the prototype for PHANTOM CLOCK is even better (and more deceptive) than the plastic clock which was eventually released. If Richard sees this - I just want to say that I would love to hear more details about that prototype in the Tenyo book.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of edshern
AND NOW,,,,,, in the Tenyo –Like category, of the 68 tricks, only 9 received more than one vote!
With special congratulations to our very own John Mazza, who grabbed the top spot & Anthony Carbone,
who nabbed the number two spot, I give you the: Smile

NON-TENYO FAVORITES WE LOVE TO PERFORM

7 votes Bird Watcher too –Tenyo/ John Mazza
4 Squeeze Thru by Angelo Carbone
3 Böttcher or Magic Wagon's (Majestic) Hydro Die
4 Fantasma RingScape
2 Card Toon (Dan Harlan)
2 Frozen in time (Masuda)
2 Lubor's Lens
2 Magiro Wand & Block
2 Majestic Die Penetration ( Corneille)
Alan Warner's Enigmatic
Alan Warner's Li Chang boxes
Alan Warner Pentra
Anverdi Enchanted Ring
Babushka from Howard Schwarzman
Bic-O-Vision
coin funnel
Color Block Escape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ffnfYR5Mw4
Color Monte
D Sponge Rabbits by Gosh
Dan Harlan's Hover Card
Dave Powell's Haunted Hand
Dick Zimmerman's STICKY FINGER
Duvivier "Tempete sous crane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UuyDpDsMmY
Educated Pencil
Flaming wallet
hole (Eggink)
Hidden Sun
Hoover (Carbone)
Houdini Chip
Industrial Revelation
Invisible Deck
It's done with mirrors from MAK Magic
John Allen's The Vanishing (Houdini cards)
Kenards Mystery Box
Kids Kards (Richard Pinner)
Loops
Lubor Fiedler - Royal Fantasy
Lubor Fiedler's TRANSLUCENT CUPS
Lubor's Show Stopper Card
Magiro's WITCHES TUNNEL-
Masuda Mystery Hole
Melt Wallet - Solari
Micro Psychic
Mikame McCoin Wooden Coin Tube
miracle coins and cups [ronjo magic]
Miracle Separation (Tricks co)
mirror penatration [mikame]
Oddball (Royal Magic)
Penacoin
Penny Tubes
Pompom Stick/Pole by Mikame
Power ball 60 (Sanders)
Promystic Multi Dimensional
Rattled (Hauss
Royal Revision -Onosaka
Scotch and Soda
Shrinking Cigarette
Spirit in the Coffin (Magic Works)
Stop light cards.
Tannen's Thru the Looking Glass (Ali Bongo)
Thayers U235
Thought Transmiter (John Cornelius)
Trick Co Japan Clown http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......S6EjNnBg
Vikings Drop Out Outdone
Werry's RUBY RED WONDER
World's Thinnest Deck of Cards (Jim Steinmeyer)
2 Zig Zag Bill (Robert Jackson)
zig zag card [collectors worshop]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2372 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 20:26, edshern wrote:
AND NOW,,,,,, in the Tenyo –Like category, of the 68 tricks, only 9 received more than one vote!
With special congratulations to our very own John Mazza, who grabbed the top spot & Anthony Carbone,
who nabbed the number two spot...

So all in all, Angelo Carbone and his twin Anthony grabbed 12 votes in this twofold contest... Congratulations to you both!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I love both "Blue Crystal" and "Fadeaway Case."

If I recall properly (though vaguely), there's a trick you can do with "Blue Crystal" which involves placing a finger ring flat on the surface, then lowering the gimmick, and the ring seems to float. I thought this was better than the gimmicked card (though I think this was only used as a proving device of some sort).

"Fadeaway Case" is just really cool. Great illusion and so impossible looking.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
364 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I've mentioned it somewhere before... If one would like to add another effect to the "Blue Crystal" it is done by taking the extra piece of blue plastic used for laying over the coin, cutting a pencil-sized hole in it and putting it over the surface.

By pushing the pencil beside the blue (with gimmick up) and then into the hole (with gimmick down) a spectator can see it is penetrating by using the blue as reference.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2372 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I've also mentioned it somewhere before... If one would like to add another effect to the "Blue Crystal" it is done by taking the mummy (and gimmick) you got with Lubor’s Anti Gravity Rock. Perform a levitation instead of some kind of “penetration”. Just give it a try...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1929 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Dragonash and Simon, both your suggestions are great Smile I must have missed the threads were you originally mentioned these ... .
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
663 Posts

Profile of oombob
"Hoover by Carbone" totally sucks.... but I hear his "Hover" trick is very cool.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
364 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Darn, I thought Hoover would blow me away.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

"Hoover by Carbone" totally sucks..."

hahaha. Funny.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
663 Posts

Profile of oombob
Sorry couldn't help myself...

I am late to this forum but another fine Carbone trick (that doesn't suck) is called "Out of Order" ...arguably Tenyo-like... a big favourite of mine.

Jumbo version seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DJCpwRUc3I
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

"Out of Order" is genius, as attested to by the fact that it's been stolen by just about every magic dealer on earth.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
663 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 21:19, Richard Kaufman wrote:
"Out of Order" is genius, as attested to by the fact that it's been stolen by just about every magic dealer on earth.

Hmm... this Kaufman fellow should should be put in charge of a magic themed magazine.
More thoughts on "Out of Order" here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of edshern
Went looking for Out ofOrder and couldn't find it in stock anywhere.
Any one have an extra?
Ed
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of edshern
Just emailed Angelo to see if he has any.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Ed,

Let me know how you make out, I would like one too.

John
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of edshern
Haven't heard back from him yet,
but when I do I will let all know.
Or,
Angelo, you seeing this?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
663 Posts

Profile of oombob
Hopefully you can order direct from Angelo.

Also seems available here: http://www.magictao.co.uk/Out-Of-Order-By-Angelo-Carbone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My 5 Favorite Tenyo & 5 Tenyo-Like to perform (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL