The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Umm this is strange.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
OK so I remember there being a topic about a guy who got charged $1000 from penguin when making an order. You can ignore me if what I am about to tell you is old info to you guys but in case it's not... it's worth mentioning I think. I just went to check out just now and when I got to shipping this is what I got. I have a ordered from Penguin tons of times and have never seen this. What's odd is that I was first making my order on my Chromebook and it was just the overnight shipping that displayed the price, then I went over to my desktop computer to make a screen capture and this time the $999 price was listed under both 2 day and overnight shipping.

There must be a bug in the system or something. I can't imagine that this happens very often and I still consider Penguin my favorite place to shop. Just thought I would make everyone aware so the issue can be resolved.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Sorry the pic didn't load the first time. Here it is:

Click here to view attached image.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Its something to do with the penguin site not being able to log on to the fed ex system apparently and the default penguin decided to use -would of been better if they had choose $0 as the default!, well spotted its clearly worth double checking everytime you order!
thx
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
From what I understand it's because the item is out of stock, so it deters you from purchasing it.

I might be wrong though...
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
So, it's a little cheaper to have Maxwell personally deliver it to your door than it is for Fed Ex 2-Day delivery? Smile

Yeah, they need to fix this asap.

Robert
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Just to follow up.. I contacted penguin via chat and they were very helpful. I sent them a couple of screen shots so they are aware of the problem.

@ Catweazle That is exactly what the help desk thought. It was a placeholder put in when it couldn't contact Fed Ex.

Just so everyone knows, this is the only weird thing I have ever experienced while dealing with Penguin. They have always been fantastic!

However, for the time being it would be a good idea to keep a close eyes on things while you check out. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Catweazle is correct - it was all explained in detail by Acar last time.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 12:56, saysold1 wrote:
Catweazle is correct - it was all explained in detail by Acar last time.

Yes I remember this.

He had said it would of course be fixed immediately.

Interesting to see it come up again a week later.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't order from there but I have friends who do.

DD
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Thanks for the heads up, Brad!

We have fixed the problem, but still need to push the updated site code to our live server. Every time we make changes to the site we need to test everything from top to bottom so it's not instant.

I'm sorry to see it reared its ugly head again, but this shouldn't happen again after Wednesday or so. Thanks again!
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 14:40, Acar wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Brad!

We have fixed the problem, but still need to push the updated site code to our live server. Every time we make changes to the site we need to test everything from top to bottom so it's not instant.

I'm sorry to see it reared its ugly head again, but this shouldn't happen again after Wednesday or so. Thanks again!

I work with computers quite a bit and even did software testing several years ago. I know how weird things can get when trying to fix things.

For the record I have always been more than happy with penguin's service and still am despite this little incident. You guys do a great job handling orders and are always quick to respond when I have a question.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
If an inverted 666 kept showing up on my website despite all the testing, I'd just shut it down.

DD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Umm this is strange.. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL