The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Not very magical, still... Celebrities that do magic as a hobby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Penny Hardaway the basketball player is an amateur performance magician in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

He was upset that I didn't believe him and so he proved it about two years ago.
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
Great list El Lamo
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Didn't Norman Scwartskop win the "childerns magician of the year" award some years ago?
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I think Michael Jackson does.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2003-11-23 21:04, redstreak wrote:

Yep - I've seen Michael Jackson shopping here in Vegas for magic on several occasions.

Here's a surprise celebrity who does magic - Uri Geller. I've been at the Magic Castle and seen Uri do some great card magic. No, nothing you would confuse with psychic power, just really well executed and performed card magic.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Johnny Depp loves magic.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
I do not remember his name, but s semi-local professional football player (for the Buffalo Bills, I live about 60 miles away) is a professional magician. He performed in Vagas and Hollywood for years before deciding to try out for the Bills. I never heard if he made the team this year or not though. There were a lot of newspaper articles about him and how his magic has almost "brought the team together" in a new way. It was very intersting.

Evan
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5352 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
And don't forget that Beauty Queen and later Film Star and Academy Award winner, Carroll Baker got her start in show business (after beauty pageants that is) performing a touring magic show.

Her act included dancing and magic with sparkling jewelry. The act was put together for her by Burling Hull (inventor of the Sphengali Deck). She and Hull took their joint show to over 11 different states.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Sagethegrumpyowl
View Profile
New user
S Wales UK
16 Posts

Profile of Sagethegrumpyowl
I heared Mohammed Ali always goes out with a Thumb Tip and a Silk...
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Joe Pesci (SP) does some magic and even did a trick in My Cousin Vinny. It was the part when he was explaining to the karate kid about the prosicutions case. A side note to this is he does it with Tally-ho cards but the card box is a Bicycle or it may be the other way around...Oh and I know the karate kid is Ralph Machio...

Jeff
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2003-11-27 09:36, Evan Williams wrote:
I do not remember his name, but s semi-local professional football player (for the Buffalo Bills, I live about 60 miles away) is a professional magician. He performed in Vagas and Hollywood for years before deciding to try out for the Bills. I never heard if he made the team this year or not though. There were a lot of newspaper articles about him and how his magic has almost "brought the team together" in a new way. It was very intersting.

Evan

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/spor......02.shtml

His name is Jon Dorenbos. From what I hear he's got some serious chops and REALLY knows how to entertain a lay-audience. The above article tells all about him and his remarkable, heartbreakingly tragic, and ultimately uplifting story.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Can we include Tom Cruise in on this list also? Remember the vanishing Cd he did in Mission Impossible?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2003-11-23 22:07, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-23 21:04, redstreak wrote:

Yep - I've seen Michael Jackson shopping here in Vegas for magic on several occasions.

Here's a surprise celebrity who does magic - Uri Geller. I've been at the Magic Castle and seen Uri do some great card magic. No, nothing you would confuse with psychic power, just really well executed and performed card magic.

Scott

Uri is a magician - nothing more.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Former El Paso resident and esteemed actor, Anthony Quinn was a serious student of magic performance according to my local historian references that I uncovered during my search for also former El Pasoan, Charlie Miller.
SHOC
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
72 Posts

Profile of SHOC
Quote:
On 2003-11-30 15:02, Sagethegrumpyowl wrote:
I heared Mohammed Ali always goes out with a Thumb Tip and a Silk...

...and always exposes it. Because of his faith he does not belive in deceiving people.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy cow! That's hilarious! It's allright to knock a guy silly till he is laying on the matt unconcious, but you can't decieve him!

Here is something to think about: A magician who doesn't believe in deceiving people!?! Kind of oxymoronic, wouldn't you say?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
SHOC
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
72 Posts

Profile of SHOC
Quote:
On 2005-02-19 22:35, daffydoug wrote:
Holy cow! That's hilarious! It's allright to knock a guy silly till he is laying on the matt unconcious, but you can't decieve him!

Here is something to think about: A magician who doesn't believe in deceiving people!?! Kind of oxymoronic, wouldn't you say?

Excellent point.
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
The Canadian actress and singer, Nanette Workman, got her start in show business as an assistant to Phantini.

Ed Hutchison
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
I met the country singer Jim Stafford at a magic convention in Eureka Springs a number of years ago. He was a fan, but pretty much a newbie.

Ed Hutchison
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
446 Posts

Profile of Rick
There was a magic shop in C,ville, I used to hang out in and Dave Matthews would come in and buy a pile of tricks to show his band when he would go on tour..Also he is a very nice person to hang out with..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Not very magical, still... Celebrities that do magic as a hobby (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL