The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Celebrities that do magic as a hobby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Buffalo Bills special teams whiz John Dorenbos is a VERY good magician.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
What?! You're implying that it's possible that someone COULD BE something *more* than a magician?!?! Blaspehemy.

Quote:
On 2005-02-19 11:31, paulajayne wrote:

Uri is a magician - nothing more.

Paula

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-23 22:07, Scott Cram wrote:

Here's a surprise celebrity who does magic - Uri Geller. I've been at the Magic Castle and seen Uri do some great card magic. No, nothing you would confuse with psychic power, just really well executed and performed card magic.

Scott

Paula

Yes, I know. You're talking to a regular reader of randi.org here.

The surprise to me was not that he did magic, but that he was skilled in his sleight of hand ability.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I think everyone in the entertainment
business has dabbled in magic.

just like all actors, magicians,
comedians all dabble in music.

this is a pointless thread.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Neil Patrick Harris is an amateur magician. Also Jeremy Suarez, the boy who voiced Koda in brother bear is also interested in magic. I hear that Daniel Radcliffe was also bitten by the magic bug after working with illusionist Paul Kieve, who was a consultant in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2003-11-27 09:36, Evan Williams wrote:
I do not remember his name, but s semi-local professional football player (for the Buffalo Bills, I live about 60 miles away) is a professional magician. He performed in Vagas and Hollywood for years before deciding to try out for the Bills. I never heard if he made the team this year or not though. There were a lot of newspaper articles about him and how his magic has almost "brought the team together" in a new way. It was very intersting.

Evan

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I assume you're talking about Jon Dorenbos, who is an outstanding magician, but he is a young guy who joined the Bills straight out of UTEP. He's a special teams whiz and doing very well after two years in the NFL.

Quote:
On 2003-11-27 09:36, Evan Williams wrote:
I do not remember his name, but s semi-local professional football player (for the Buffalo Bills, I live about 60 miles away) is a professional magician. He performed in Vagas and Hollywood for years before deciding to try out for the Bills. I never heard if he made the team this year or not though. There were a lot of newspaper articles about him and how his magic has almost "brought the team together" in a new way. It was very intersting.

Evan

jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 23:41, Marshall Thornside wrote:

this is a pointless thread.

What's your point? Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 11:20, Chrystal wrote:
Thanks for the correction, MacGyver! Smile

What Michael did in Labyrinth was even more impressive when you realize he had to be behind Bowie with his arm around him, performing pretty much blind! The DVD has some outtakes of him dropping the crystal ball... it's impressive that they could get any footage of him NOT dropping the ball under those circumstances!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-02-19 22:35, daffydoug wrote:
Holy cow! That's hilarious! It's allright to knock a guy silly till he is laying on the matt unconcious, but you can't decieve him!

Here is something to think about: A magician who doesn't believe in deceiving people!?! Kind of oxymoronic, wouldn't you say?

That's like the George Carlin routine on Ali's refusing to be drafted; "Um, no. I'll beat them up for you, but I won't kill them." - "Well, if you won't kill them, we won't let you beat them up anymore!"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 23:35, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-23 22:07, Scott Cram wrote:

Here's a surprise celebrity who does magic - Uri Geller. I've been at the Magic Castle and seen Uri do some great card magic. No, nothing you would confuse with psychic power, just really well executed and performed card magic.

Scott

Paula

Yes, I know. You're talking to a regular reader of randi.org here.

The surprise to me was not that he did magic, but that he was skilled in his sleight of hand ability.

Why should this surprise you? Think about it. Most magicians assume that mentalists have no sleight of hand ability. Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe mentalists cultivate the sleights they do to the point that you can't see them? Or that they look perfectly natural?

If you think this is far-fetched, think again. Punx did flawless billet switches. It was all done with a simple hand to hand transfer. He also did some flourishes beautifully, but never before an audience, because he didn't want them to know he could do them.

Some of Geller's early work with spoons was nothing but sleight of hand.

I'm surprised he would do magic for anyone. It kind of blows his cover.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-02-19 15:56, SHOC wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-30 15:02, Sagethegrumpyowl wrote:
I heared Mohammed Ali always goes out with a Thumb Tip and a Silk...

...and always exposes it. Because of his faith he does not belive in deceiving people.

This is why many of us quit showing him anything a long time ago.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of cardone
Ace from KISS........loves magic !!!!!!
Laird
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
124 Posts

Profile of Laird
Actually, If you are a working actor, it's imparative to undertake another or many crafts, such as playing a musical instrument, dance, song, comedy, martial arts, drama, painting, art, etc. As well as Magic!
It's never to late to have a happy childhold!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well, I'm not famous yet, but I am a working actor and magician. Actually, I'm a working actor who has just started to become a working magician again (I used to do paid magic gigs as a teen and in my early twenties).

But if you live in the Southeast U.S., you might catch me in a Buyowner.com commercial. I'm the drunk guy in the police station who is trying to figure out who to call; my lawyer or my old girlfriend.

Who knows though, you might hear about me very soon...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
Dave Madden who playes Rubin Kinkaid(the manager) on the Partridge Family is an avid magic fan. Met him at Abbott's a few years back.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I seen steve martin do some devo stuff on the Ellen Degenerest show
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
My understanding is that General Schwarzkopf was also a clown.

Also, another 'quiet' celebrity: David Kestenbaum, a science reporter on "All Things Considered", found on NPR, started magic at the end of second grade, and performed at parties well into his teens.
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1018 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Justin Theroux, best known as the Irish guy from Charlie's Angles, the second one, and in the Six Feet Under show, seems to love it. He came into the shop I work at and bought some simple stuff to do for friends. Took me forever to figure out why he looked so familiar. I have this great ability not to recognise celebs until after talking to them.

Interested however, what about people in politics, there must be many.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
Doogie Housier. (Dont know his real name.)
Carrie Fisher (AKA Princess Lea)

I once saw Shaq at the Magic Castle. He had a deck of cards in his hand the whole time.

Miguel Rangel
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Celebrities that do magic as a hobby (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL