The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Great Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
I think Tony acted with admirable decorum and restraint.
It was a Greek restaurant - he could have smashed the plates on the guys head. I'm Greek, I know that's what I would have done.
Oh... ok, you caught me out, I wouldn't have done that - but a guy is allowed to fantasise!

Reatuarnt customers however should always remember the old chineses proverb:
'He who say rude thing or act bad to waiter - he get spit in food'...
mrsmiles
(UK)
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
Not a great story. Not even a good story. It's a tale of look what I did to that guy who didn't want to see my magic.
Rude? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sees Magician working a table and when approached says he doesn't want any, in a tone of voice that means business.
I missed the social contract that says when out to eat you have to placate anyone who approaches your table, especially when you have just witnessed them working a table.

If there is any rude in this tale it's on Tony.

I don't work restaurants cause when I'm out to eat the last thing wanted is to be bothered and don't want to be the one intruding. In fact the whole restaurant entertainment thing is beyond me. I sit at a table to eat, I go to a show to see a show.
The cold approach is just that, cold. How dare someone bristle at cold!
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Not everyone wants to see strolling entertainment at a restaurant. However some do. It has to be placed in the right restaurant on the right night. The entertainer needs to be able service those that want to enjoy it and not bother those that don't. I can often spot tables that I think do not want to see magic or get a balloon. I hit all of the tables that are no brainers first, you know the ones where the kids are falling out of the booth to see you. Although occasionally I run into situation where the parents will say no thank you no matter how much the kids want to see it. After approaching these tables I go back to all of the other tables, greet them, and light heartily apologize for skipping them. I find the tables that would normally firmly say "No and go away" laugh and say that were fine. Every now and then a table that I guessed would not be interested says they would love to see some entertainment.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Interesting attitude Fathatter. I think a simple, "No, thanks." would have been sufficient. I'm not supporting Tony's behavior either. Be the magician or be the owner. When approaching a table, to avoid confusion, he should announce which role he is portraying.
As far as the customer, the guy is an unhappy tool. I'm sure he acts this way with most people. Tony should have politely excused himself. He could have taken pleasure in knowing this idiot would be handing him money at the end of the night.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Great Story (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL