The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..33~34~35 [Next]
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I try to PM Peter but still no reply,

so I post in here :

Can "The Ghost" being done with a Zebra Pen instead of a Marikng pen like sharpie?

This is The Zebra Pen B2A1 that I used :

http://www.stationeryart.com/zebra-zebra......233.html

Thank you for your kind reply
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 10:19, Rafael The Master Hypnotist wrote:
I try to PM Peter but still no reply,

so I post in here :

Can "The Ghost" being done with a Zebra Pen instead of a Marikng pen like sharpie?

This is The Zebra Pen B2A1 that I used :

http://www.stationeryart.com/zebra-zebra......233.html

Thank you for your kind reply

I PM'ed you regarding your pen query Rafael!
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:41, trueinventor wrote:
Oh gosh, As much as I mentioned Mr. Nardi's association with GHOST, I can't believe I didn't mention Paul Nardini.
It looks great and I'm sure I will like it as much as the F-1! (And though that is true and though I truly am going to order it in just a moment or so, Did I kind of guess right in the above post?

I know, I might could answer that myself once it arrives but, to be honest, I may not even know then: having so little (read this as absolutely none whatsoever) experience with STEAM, PSYPHER...etc. Water looks just like rubbing alcohol but BOY are they different in crucial ways! Is that the case with GHOST?)

I apologize for stretching this question out into a monologue.

Alex

If you're looking for something to mess around with and experiment with and try creative ideas with then your best bet is Steam rather than Ghost.
Ghost is more of a tool designed for doing a particular job (and IMO doing it extremely well due to the principle).
Ghost is more of a 'finished product', whereas Steam is the starting point for ideas using the principle.

While you could try and replicate something like Ghost, I'm sure you'll appreciate when you receive it that it has been meticulously designed to do what it does.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks to Narendra (Ustaad) and Jan for their valuable input!

Narendra's thinking is always thought provoking.

Sorry for calling this a wallet - yes it is a pad used in GHOST.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Excellent post and 100% spot on regarding both Steam and the Ghost by Narendra (Ustaad).
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Brett, Jan, Ustaad, and Manchurian Man,

Thank you so very much for your replys: for the questions you’ve answered and things you’ve taught. I truly mean this: having you address my question made me feel like I was walking with giants. (I LOVED your phrase: “time for some Ghost Busting” Brett:) and for your advice to actually use Psypher before getting the next hot item)

I’ve followed your posts for over two years and so respect each of you. Brett’s writings convinced me to buy Science Friction and Jan and Ustaad are also such an experienced and knowledgeable source for everyone here to avail themselves of.

Manchurian Man, and everyone, thank you for not scolding me for asking the question and for such great advice and takes on the subject.

In light of everyone’s comments and answers: I’s gonna add me some STEAM to my “I just gotta have that puppy” collection AND THEN take Brett’s wise advice to sort of learn what I have before I buy more.

Your friend,
Alex
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Best of luck and sleepless nights with STEAM and THE GHOST Alex, Are you in for a lot of fun performing both? oh yes, you are.All the best.
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Smile Thankyou Fire Starter
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Ghost needs to be reset after two drawings, words numbers or cards. Steam can be used in many different ways. Both are good!!!
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I just came across this long thread. I don't have The Ghost, so don't know all about its details, but several years ago I obtained a very extensive trilogy on the underlying principle, written by Chris Matthewson (Café member "chrismatt"). I don't think he advertised it much, and I was lucky enough to get all three manuscripts when he originally published them.

The work is absolutely brilliant and much of it extremely practical. I've used many of his devices, inventions and ideas for quite some time. They are among the best information retrieval devices I've ever seen or used. 100% effective and deceptive, with TONS of advice about markers, card stock, clever handlings, ingenious applications, etc.

Does anyone with The Ghost device have any of chrismatt's books to be able to compare them?

Thanks,
DK
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Dark Knight,

Thankyou for your post! So much good advice and information has been given by the Café members on this thread about Steam and Ghost but I
think your comment and question brought the subject full-circle. Although I will be purchasing both Ghost and Steam, (although Narendra's insights made me
think twice about buying both...but then "Firestarter's" comments sealed the "I think I MUST have BOTH!" deal in my mind Smile...

Well, although I hope to receive both Ghost and Steam soon, it would be such a blessing and gift if Mr. Matthewson could be persuaded to maybe re-publish and re-offer for sale the teaching you've mentioned.. I am willing to pony up at least a Benjamin (2 Benjamins if, perhaps, an autograph could be obtained with the Manuscripts. Smile ) After all of the thoughtful and warm acknowledgements of Mr. Matthewson's talents I've just now researched on the Café I think there might be a decent demand for a 2nd publication...especially on the heels of "GHOST".

I was able to find a thread under "Books, Pamphlets, & Lecture Notes" in which Ustaad (Narendra) described an incredible levitation concept Mr. Mattheson created. Daggone it! Missed that one too!

I hope "the Benjamin" isn't demeaning in any way, I'm not sure what Mr. Matthewson sold his Manuscripts for originally...whatever that price was I am sure it was a tremendous value. Normally, I CAN'T STAND READING THINGS SINCE I DO IT ALL THE...grumble-grumble-and-kick-the-trashcan DAY FOR WORK!!, but I think Mr. Matthewson's writings would probably be close to the kind of well-presented and engaging teaching found in Bill Cushman's manuscript that describes his phenomenal new Center Tear. ( I just read the PDF again today...STILL FUN TO READ Smile )

In any case Dark Knight, thankyou for your post revealing just a bit more magic History.

your friend,
Alex
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
OK, I got this and can't make it work. At all. Complete zero. Where's this Facebook page that's supposed to solve everything, and which apparently contains information that for whatever reason is not in the package we paid for?

Thanks.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
The Facebook page information is on the business card sized insert inside the package.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-09 21:49, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
OK, I got this and can't make it work. At all. Complete zero. Where's this Facebook page that's supposed to solve everything, and which apparently contains information that for whatever reason is not in the package we paid for?

Thanks.

Information about the facebook group is on a smooth plastic business card sized piece of card with a picture of the 'skull' on it. It should be within the same packaging as the envelopes.
if you don't have this card then you need to contact your seller as that should have been received as part of your package.

if you definately don't have it, feel free to PM me in the meantime & I will do my best to help you get it working!
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
So I ordered The ghost, waiting for it to arrive this week. Where can one buy Steam? Everywhere I have found shows it is "sold out".
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Fred Masschelein
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
5 Posts

Profile of Fred Masschelein
You can buy it on the web shop of his creator Ali Nouira here:
http://amf-shop.com/product_info.php?pro......guage=fr

Fred
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 09:21, Fred Masschelein wrote:
You can buy it on the web shop of his creator Ali Nouira here:
http://amf-shop.com/product_info.php?pro......guage=fr

Fred

Nice to see a different vidio of this,many thanks Fred.All the best.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I was really looking forward to this but after seeing Looch's drawing duplication from his Penguin lecture; I feel that Ghost is a step backwards compared to Looch's squeaky clean handling.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 23:10, Jared wrote:
I was really looking forward to this but after seeing Looch's drawing duplication from his Penguin lecture; I feel that Ghost is a step backwards compared to Looch's squeaky clean handling.

Bold Business from Lee Smith's Step System DVD is even cleaner than Looch's method, and it's impromptu.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Blindside, not to rob this thread from the topic but I give the nod to Looch's handling because his eliminates the cutting action of Bold Business. Anyway, it's nice to have a few reliable methods in your toolbox.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL