The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Facebook page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
Hello everyone,
Recently I made a facebook page for my balloons and magic business.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Majake-Tri......ard=true

I would be greatly appreciated if you checked it out and gave me some advice on how I good improve it.

Thanks,

Jake
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
The purple balloon dog on the top hat...is that YOUR image. I only ask b/c I have seen it many times before (without the top hat). If it's not a "stock photo" which I don't believe it is, then you should remove that image from your facebook page...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
The photo is not mine, I got it from google images, the website turned out to be balloon hq.

But why do I need to take it down?

(And what is a stock photo?)
SamCremeens
View Profile
New user
Nashville,TN
38 Posts

Profile of SamCremeens
If its not a stock photo (ie Royalty Free) one could easily be subject to copyright infringement lawsuit... Plus it looks somewhat generic. You should try to get an image that sells you as a performer. Not trying to be negative or anything. Just my thoughts...
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
You may also want to add where you are located, or what area you are able to perform in. And some kind of contact info would be helpful, such as email address, or phone number.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
781 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Is this our little buddy Jake?

Guys, don't know if you have been following Jake's post in "Little Darlings" and other places but he is awesome.

Jake is a very gifted performer. He's posted videos and he's better than some of the "pros" I've seen.

Okay, a couple of quick suggestions on the Facebook page:

1) You need a great close-up of your smiling face instead of the top hat. I think we chatted about this before. Your best selling point for party moms is, "This is a great kid doing fun things." Instead of worrying about that USE it. Don't try to seem like a grown-up. There is a market that will hire you that would not hire others.

It can be frustrating when you are you to be thought of as a "kid" but after a few trips to the bank to cash checks from gigs that frustration will fade. Smile

2) Your Header Image needs to be either on good action shot or a montage of you performing.

Tell you what I'll do; If you have several good shots of you performing I'll work some Photoshop magic on them. I usually charge clients for that but I'll do your's for free. If you are interested send me a PM and we'll work out how and where to send the shots and all the details.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
Thanks everyone for the advice,

I will be looking into getting a better profile picture. I didn't have any close ups of me when I made the page yesterday, ditto with the header. It is only 1 day old and it was never going to be perfect. I have however removed the purple dog, for reasons I don't quite understand...

Scott, I do have my email address pinned to the top, as well as my location in the "about" box

Curt, Thank you so much for this offer!!!! I probably don't have enough photos right now, however I think now with that incentive in mind I will be taking a lot more!!
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Jake, I now see your email address. I guess it just wasn't where I was looking. I still don't see ypur location though. I did see that it says Sunshine Coast, but I, personally, don't know where that is. You may want to put a city and state, and how far you will travel for an event. Just a suggestion.
FuDD
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, Az.
150 Posts

Profile of FuDD
Jake !!! Looking good !!

Keep working on it, and use only your own pictures from now on and you will not have to worry about anything.
may you be filled with loving kindness
http://www.williamsmagic.com
http://www.celebratemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Facebook page (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL