The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IForce HD is AVAILABLE NOW for iPad. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

Rostami Magic is proud to introduce:

iForce HD for iPad
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iforce-h......t=uo%3D2

Since the launch of the iPad, this has been one of the most requested features, and now it's here.

You can now perform all of your favorite iForce routines on the stunning large display of any iPad.
I can't wait to see all the clever things that you'll do with it.

Cheers,
Greg Rostami
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
The new iPhone 5 update sucks. There is this iForce background imposed with the capture screens that distorts everything and it can't be removed. So frustrated I deleted the app - no more iForce for me
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi George,

You can replace those images with your own screenshots.

Since you're in Thousand Oaks, and I'm in Woodland Hills, we're practically neighbors. If you have any problems replacing those screenshots with your own home screens, let me know and I'll show it to you in person.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Greg, very sorry to have to say but I agree with GeorgeG.

I updated on iphone 5 and wish I hadn't.

I can no longer use this as the fake screens look so far removed from my normal screens.

There is a very old saying..........

IF IT AINT BROKEN, don't FIX IT.

Please, please, please can you sort this Greg......... seriously bad update!!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi rasp,

Ever since the iPhone allowed people to change their background screen, everyone has complained about why the fake home screen icons didn't float on top of their background image.
Hence that part of iForce was broken (since swiping left and right didn't look exactly like the iPhone).

With iForce v1.5 you can now set up your fake home screens so that the icons will float on top of whatever is your background image.

This feature works perfectly and has been thoroughly tested by Randy and I.

To set up your fake screens:

1. Open iForce (Doodle) and do a two finger swipe down to go to the "Presets" page.
2. Touch the "i" in the lower right hand corner to open the "Settings" page.
3. Touch the "Springboard Images" button to open the "Springboard Images" page.
4. At the bottom of this page touch "Add B/W Images to Camera Roll".
5. Press the home button and go to the settings of your iPhone/iPod Touch.
6. Touch the "Brightness & Wallpaper" button to open the "Brightness & Wallpaper" page.
7. Under Wallpaper touch the two images, touch the "Camera Roll" and scroll all the way to the bottom of your Camera Roll and select the white image (the last image).
8. Touch "Set" and then "Set Home Screen" to set your home screen background image to white.
9. On your home screen go to the page that has the "Doodle" icon and do a screen grab (by pressing the home button and sleep button at the same time).
10. Go to the previous home screen page (the page without the "Doodle" icon and grab the screen again (by pressing the home button and sleep button at the same time).
11. Go back to your iPhone settings and change your background image to black (following the steps above).
12. You will now have four images in your camera roll of two of your home screens . . . two against white and the same two against black.
13. Open iForce (Doodle) again and go back to the "Springboard Images" page (see above).
14. Under "Springboard Page 1" set those images to the appropriate images from your camera roll.
15. Under "Springboard Page 2" set those images to the appropriate images from your camera roll.
16. You can now set your "Background" image to whatever you like.
17. I highly recommend you do a search for "iPhone backgrounds" in your Safari browser to find many cool backgrounds that you can save to your camera roll (by holding down your finger on the images that appear in the iPhone Safari browser).

The above steps may seem long, but in practice, it doesn't take long to set this up.

The reward is your fake home screens will move EXACTLY like the iPhone/iPad's screens.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Greg Rostami
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

Profile of Randy Croucher
It looks like what we really need is to make it more clear how to update the fake Springboard/Home Screen with your own graphics. The ones you guys are seeing are the default ones the iForce/iForce-HD ships with. You need to capture your own springboard and replace them to make it feel like your own.

Mimicking the iOS springboard has become much more complicated since iOS 5 as they allow you to set your own background and the icons slide over the top when you swipe through pages. Simply sliding the entire screenshot doesn't cut it anymore. Smile Much effort went in to this new version to pull this off (we were actually told that it couldn't be done and we proved them wrong). Unfortunately what you have to provide iForce also became a bit more complicated.

You will need to provide iForce (via the Settings->Springboard Images page) 5 separate images.
1) The first image you must provide is the same image you are using as your actual Springboard background
2&3) These are screenshots of the page just prior to the one containing iForce aka "Doodle" on it. One must be taken over a black background and one over white.
4&5) These are screenshots of the page that contains "Doodle". Again, one of black, one over white.

In order for you to acquire these screenshots, we have provided a button labeled "Add B/W Images to Camera Roll" that will do just what it says. This allows you to temporarily set your Springboard background to black and take the two necessary screenshots (by pressing the home and standby buttons simultaneously). Then set it to white and take two more. You can then set your background back to whatever it was.

Once you have these 5 images, go back into iForce's settings and set each of the corresponding images there. What you will end up with is a fake Springboard that should fool even the most prying eyes.

This is a lot to ask, but it is the only way we could create a perfect replica of your actual Springboard. It really only takes a minute or two.

I hope this helps, and we will work on making this more clear in the app.

-Randy
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Greg and Randy: this new version of the fake springboard is really awesome! The idea is fantastic, much better that old version. I used an easier solution on my app PhotoPrediction, that works fine too, but I really liked your idea! =)
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

GeorgeG and rasp,

If this alert (attached) had come up the first time you went to the fake Springboard screen, would it have made you aware of what you needed to do? Or do you think a different prompt is required for users that upgraded and lost their previous images -vs- new users?

-Randy

http://bit.ly/iForceHDOnAppStore

Click here to view attached image.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi Randy and Greg,

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I am unable to try at the moment but will give this my full attention later.

The alert that you refer to....... for me personally would not have helped, unless the fully detailed instructions were included in the instructions part of the app.

Will let you know how I get on,

regards,

Ian.
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
The new springboard looks great on both devices. A tip for those using the "classic" move on the iPad is to place the device slightly hanging off the edge of a table corner to make all the possibilities easy to get to and in a more natural fashion.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Mauricio for that great tip.

Keep Bangin,
Rostami
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 02:04, Randy Croucher wrote:

1) The first image you must provide is the same image you are using as your actual Springboard background

Is this the wallpaper?
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I just downloaded this for the iPad and I am a bit puzzled/frustrated myself. I can't set up the springboard correctly and the app instructions don't match up/explain how and the instructions on this forum have confused me too. I will try again and trouble shoot, but hopefully this will be made clearer and especially within the app because some users might not be members at the Café. I also have the same question as RevJohn about what the first image is supposed to be.
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I don't seem to be able to add my background inplace of the iForce background in the springboard.
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

@RevJohn - Yes, I should have used Apple's new terminology. Springboard background = Home Screen Wallpaper. I think I will change the word "Background" to "Wallpaper" in the app too now that you mention it.

@Jon W. - What happens when you set the Background (aka Wallpaper) in the Springboard Images screen and then go to your fake Springboard? It should do the same thing as changing your Home Screen Wallpaper on your real Springboard.

Greg is working on updating the manual and creating a new video as we speak. These can now both be updated without submitting new builds to Apple. So as soon as he has them ready we will change them out. We had hoped to have them done and up before Apple approved the app, but Greg got tied up and Apple approved it way faster than ever before.

Sorry about the confusion,
-Randy
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi RevJohn,

Yes, the Springboard background is the wallpaper.

I'm now creating a video tutorial to show you how to set up iForce with the new fake springboard screens.

I'll post a link as soon as I'm done.

Greg
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Randy,

I use the wave background that came on my iPad. That is not in my photos so I can't seem to choose it when in the Iforce settings because it doesn't have access to the wallpapers.

Jon
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

Jon,

That is an interesting dilemma. I will have to ponder that for a bit and see what options we have.

In the meantime, you may have to find a wallpaper you like by searching Google for one (long press the image from there to save it). Then use it for both your real and fake Springboards.

-Randy
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

Jon,

After doing a bit of research there is no way for me to gain access to the standard wallpaper album on your device. Smile

I did however find a link to the standard ripple image used: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39137183@N07/8038360561/

Hope this helps,
-Randy
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here are some more standard wallpapers:

http://www.givememind.com/ios-6-default-......-get-em/

cheers,
Greg

P.S. I'm looking for all of the standard wallpapers now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IForce HD is AVAILABLE NOW for iPad. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL