The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rough coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Do any of you coin workers know of effects that use a roughed coin (similar to a rough card)? Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki showed me his latest original coin routine and it uses a rough coin, which I have never heard of before. I know about rough and smooth cards, but not coins, and I am trying to help him determine if there is any history of a rough coin in the magic literature on coin magic, or if this is something completely new.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5310 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
A roughed card is meant to stick to one side of another card. So do you mean a roughed coin designed to stick to another coin? If so then I don’t believe I have seen that before.

If you simply mean a coin with a light adhesive on it so it will stick to the performer in some way - like the back of the hand or even to their clothing, then no, that isn't new at all. I have seen many coin effects/routines that use this concept, though I don’t want to name them here as it could tip part of the methods of those effects.

Thank you.

Jim
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thanks for your response, J-mac. I don't want to give away too much of Qua-Fiki's effect either, but if you could name some books or magazine articles I could look up to help me research this for him, that would be a good start. You can PM me to keep it all private if you wish.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Try Troy Hooser's books. Destroyers and Moments. I think Destroyers would have a routine or two using a form of this principle. At worst you will read and learn some of the most creative magic written.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thanks Daz. I'll check both of those sources out.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5310 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Jim,

Sent you a PM.

Jim
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thanks for your help, J-Mac.

So far, nothing comes close, but we want to cover all bases before publication.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rough coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL