The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Increasing your children's birthday party business (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 10:32, Al Angello wrote:

If you tried kids magic and learned how to be successful at it then I say that you are more than just another "cook book magician".

Well I guess I'm a "cook book magician" because my first shows was a disaster. I suppose all my repeat bookings and full weekends mean nothing. I agree that there is a certain affinity one has to possess in order to be great at entertaining kids, but to say that it cannot be learned is rather ignorant.

Josh
Josh
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am all for bashing Al. BUT I think you are misunderstanding his post.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ignorant HMMMM don't be silly. Sorry I lost you Josh.
You can be whatever you want to be my man.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

It's been a long week Al, my apologies. I'm on my own island hahaha my bad
Josh
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Give a Heart Shaped balloon to kid to give to Mom.

You can write on it: I Love you MOM.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
No problem Josh

Now take my buddy Neznarf (George) for example he is at least my age, has a head full of grey hair, and is still an 8 year old boy at heart.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Gotcha Al! I agree, I will never be an 8 year old again. But, my business is thriving and I'm onto new adventures everyday... Just in my own way.
Josh
alandavid
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of alandavid
Hi,
I agree you ideas I know a company who provide the lot of birthday party ideas. So that is very enjoyable.

http://www.moushii.com
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
It is very very very hard to be a great family entertainer
So many try it and it's part of what gives magicians a bad name and looked down upon in the USA
There are a very few that are great at it
You don't go out and do a paid show and bomb And think that's alright that's how you learn
If you need the practice there are many places you can be bad And not hurt the real working guys

As for the subject how to increase your business
be very very very good. Don't play down children. They're smarter than most people give them credit for and they love it when you treat them like they're intelligent
A straight magic only show isn't really designed for children under six
It's so tough to do
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 11:50, Vick wrote:
It is very very very hard to be a great family entertainer
So many try it and it's part of what gives magicians a bad name and looked down upon in the USA
There are a very few that are great at it
You don't go out and do a paid show and bomb And think that's alright that's how you learn
If you need the practice there are many places you can be bad And not hurt the real working guys

As for the subject how to increase your business
be very very very good. Don't play down children. They're smarter than most people give them credit for and they love it when you treat them like they're intelligent
A straight magic only show isn't really designed for children under six
It's so tough to do

Very well said Vick!

I agree much of the typical perception, stereotypes and image of today's magician's here in the U.S. is due to kids performers and amateurs performing when and where they shouldn't be. The kids and family market is probably the one place where you have many places and options to practice, stumble and be bad. Yet most want to just go for the money at birthday parties and somehow think they can do schools (even skilled magicians of ten have the school misconception).

I remember when being a magician was perceived as someone special, a skilled and unique individual that would have the respect and esteem of kids and adults alike. They appeared classy not casual and were considered a true professional, unlike many performers today.

I hate to see it but I experience it everyday that kids and family magicians are often perceived the same as clowns in these circles - some like them but just as many hate them.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Have an auto response system.
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
Dynamike -

Are you using Autoresponders now?

Andy
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Not yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Increasing your children's birthday party business (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL