The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a good set of Close-up Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9026 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2013-02-02 13:15, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
Thanks a lot guys !

Dr_J_Ayala, I'm asking a few questions the dealer now.
Frank, I could not find the Empire set you mentionned... But it sounds very cheap (for such a price there usually is a welding).

try Daytona Magic
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2007 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I believe Frank can actually sell you a set. http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=35

-Patrick
Just Sean
View Profile
New user
Westland, MI
14 Posts

Profile of Just Sean
I use a set of shoots rings regularly, I would never part with them or the ones I have in reserve. If you ever find them for sale, pounce quickly or someone else will.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 19:27, Just Sean wrote:
I use a set of shoots rings regularly, I would never part with them or the ones I have in reserve. If you ever find them for sale, pounce quickly or someone else will.

I feel the same way. However, before I used them I used the Empire rings and was very happy. The finished chipped a little over time but for $10
they are fantastic.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'll see if I an talk Joe Porper into making a set of small rings. Thoughts?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1801 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Pete Biro:

I wonder how practical it could be for Joe to make a small set with:

A. A locking key, and
B:. A shell.....

A quality, Porper-Made set of three (or maybe even four, or five, including the shell and the locking ring) would be KILLER for close-up, I think....just my 2 cents worth.....
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17136 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like the rings (and routine Smile) HE uses. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9026 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you can handle about 5" rings -- check out "HeartRings' -- amazing effects not possible with normal linking rings
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
sicher
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sicher
Hi all. I'm new here but wanted to chime in with another option. Samrai Ninja rings in gold are available through the following Japanese seller:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/maqs/item/it-023/

Cheers!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Interesting, Shoot Ogawa was just here and did a lecture, he was selling his Gold Ninja Rings for over a $100. He has a new anniversary DVD showing the old method of Ninja Rings and development of the newer handling fine tuned.

He told me he is now only selling the Gold Ninja Rings personally at his lectures. It costs to much to ship large quantities to the U.S. so he does not want to pay high postage costs and any import taxes. Yes, does not make sense to me either, but that is what he told me.

So I paid over $135.00 to get a set from Shoot Ogawa.

That site sicher recommended looks like it is coming from China, not Japan. China copies are all over eBay as well. They are selling copies of the Ninja Linking Rings.
sicher
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sicher
The site is definitely Japanese. I put in an order and got a package from Japan through the very swift Japanpost EMS delivered to the door in a matter of days (i'm in Sweden). I don't think these are copies but if they are, they are very well made.

M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a good set of Close-up Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL