The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dime and Penny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
659 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Now, I work with coin sleights and very few gimmicks, but I wanted to try out the Dime and Penny routine to a few people out on the street to test reactions. I then went to my "dusty tricks I didn't like" shelf and pulled the Johnson Dime and Penny set out from there, and I tried a routine, but I noticed that the heads side of the penny was dirty, and the tails side was a completely different shade than the heads side...Its all discolored. :/

Any way I can clean one side to match the other? Or something else? Thank you everyone.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Dip them in Tarn-X or similar solution. Or a copper polish/cleaner. Welcome to the Café, Zack! Smile

Doug
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5308 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Wright's Copper Cream Polish. http://www.amazon.com/Wrights-340-Copper......er+cream

Jim
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
659 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On 2013-01-26 11:17, Dougini wrote:
Dip them in Tarn-X or similar solution. Or a copper polish/cleaner. Welcome to the Café, Zack! Smile

Doug

I will look into getting some Tarn-X, or Wright's Copper Polish/Cleaner, and I hope it's successful. Thank you both, and thanks for welcoming me Dougini! Smile
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
On a similar note, what does anyone recommend to clean a silver coin that has become discolored?
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
659 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 09:28, cbusch55 wrote:
On a similar note, what does anyone recommend to clean a silver coin that has become discolored?

This is the same question I asked. (I just wanted to clean one side to match the other) Smile

I think what cleans copper better is Wrights copper clean polish, which was more successful. Smile Here is the link to that: http://www.amazon.com/Wrights-340-Copper......er+cream

Thank you J-Mac who suggested that, for I found some in a drawer, and it worked just fine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dime and Penny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL