The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » DMX audio/light system with remote? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PetervanRhein
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
62 Posts

Profile of PetervanRhein
A technical question for you:

In my show everything is on time-code.
This means all lights, laser, special fx and movement of the lasers screen and curtains are preprogrammed on audio.
For my first show block this was not a problem because there was no audience participation and I didn't talk during performance.
For my next blocks there will be talking and audience participation and I cannot program this since the time I spent will depend on the audience as well Smile

Since I have no sound or light technicians this is a bit of a problem.
Somewhere in the show the talking starts with a piece of music in the background.
When the routine is over I have to go into the next preprogrammed show.
This means skip to the next track and have the timecode/DMX run in sync with that audio signal.

The programs I now use are:
- Pangolin Showtime for the laser, screens and curtains (on a DMX switch pack) and part of the LED lights,
- LumiDMX for the lights,
- Sonar for the audio and serving as master for the timecode.
- LoopBE (a small program in the background that serves as a virtual MIDI device for all programs that use timecode)

Do any of you work with a computer program that can be triggered by remote so that the next song starts together with timecode.
Suggestions are most welcome Smile

Magical Greetz from Holland,
Peter van Rhein
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I use MediaStar to synch my lights and sound. They have their own DMX controller, but it is too limited for me. I use Chauvet's ShowxPress, but you can probably use your software, too. MediaStar has an option to send a keystroke signal to any software. If you can activate your lights with a keystroke, then it will probably work for you. I have timelines of my lights attached to certain keys, and the music is in MediaStar. When I start the track, Mediastar plays the music and sends a signal to ShowXpress to start the lights.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gothike
Look at Elation software, DigiSelect Software and VenueMagic.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
HighClass
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HighClass
I use a product called Digi Select for all my shows. It can manage your music and lighting. It also has the ability to work with a remote or ankle switches. I've been using this for years and it has proven to be very reliable and easy to work with. I know they use to give away a free 30 day trial on thier web-site, you might want to try it out.
Heres the site:

http://www.interfazeit.com
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
68 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
I use the Media Star as well. I am controlling all lighting, including two Mac 250+ intelligent lights. It sounds like you know your lights, the best bet is to contact Kerry directly and ask him if those others (Pangolin, LoopBE) will be controlled as well.

I did have to set lighting macros, then create scenes, and then add each scene to the song where I want the transition. Also, it will retain the last lighting scene at the end or fade out of a track, if there is no lighting transition to replace it. I believe (but not too sure) you can set a timecode program too, but ask to be sure.

Good luck!
I am whatever I am to you.
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Check out DMXis and Show Buddy at DMXis.com. I'm using DMXis and controlling it with an iPad wirelessly, but any iPhone/iPad app that sends MIDI could be used.
World music and magic
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gothike
Peter,

Winamp can generate TimeCode and be controlled with hotkeys and different RF remotes. Additional LightFactory reads Winamp Timecode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uWSkCrc3k

LightFactory should be able to run all your lights and laser, and it has timecode triggers from midi and mp3.

Contact sales to see if it meet your specific needs.

If you need help with the RF remote just message me and I'll share what I use and where to buy it.

Go luck,
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gothike
Additionally you can use AutoHotKey and program a script to control an application if its backgrounded with hotkeys.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

A PC RF remote control with six commands should be able to handle all your needs.
Fungineer
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
I've had good luck with VenueMagic, feel free to PM me if you'd like more info. Quite flexible piece of software and intuitive.
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
I have the perfect solution for this: The new Cesaral Soundmaster V7.

It is basically the Soundmaster V6 with all its great features and now it is a master DMX system as well.

You should have a look at it at:

http://www.cesaral.com/Cesaral%20Soundmaster.htm

This product opens a new era for magicians.

I hope this helps

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
New England
133 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Does any one here happen to have a DMX/USB dongle available for exDMX used with MediaStar? Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » DMX audio/light system with remote? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL