The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My newest website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Hi,

I've decided to revamp my existing website and went for the incredible skills of Creative Look - who is a Café member by the name of Entertainer Artist. He and I communicated via email over the past three days and came up with this website: http://www.bernardomagicshow.com/

I really think its a bright and fun-looking website which reflects my style of performing! I'm delighted with this website and would love some feedback from fellow Café members - if you can spare the time!

My highest recommendation for Creative Look - which is Entertainer Artist's company. He's very patient and totally professional in his approach - aiming for complete customer sarisfaction.. He also designed the great logo I am currently using and if you're interested in his fantastic work, visit this thread http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=17&349

Thanks for your time and look forward to your constructive feedback!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha magicbern
I love the web site.
very colorful and informative also.
it should draw a lot of business.
Todd
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks Todd - that's what I hope too! Actually my website has never been the focus of my advertising so I thought I would revamp it, link it to my new Facebook page and see how the response is!

If any member can give suggestions on how to use Facebook for marketing, I'd really appreciate it if you share your knowledge here!
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2216 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I LOVE it and it inspires me to actually get a web site done... Thanks
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks! I'm sure that you will find the actual process - of creating (or collaborating with a professional web designer like I did) and then watching it slowly take form and the. crystallising into the final product - a very exciting one! I'm very proud of this website and pleased to see that fellow members find it attractive too!
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Hi, nice looking site, but I find a few ofthe colour choices make it difficult to read and your landing page is very artistic but says very little ? It does,nt really sell you phil
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks but the aim of the title page is to use my logo as the centrepiece. The aim was for simplicity and fun. Ive seen many home pages that are just far too cluttered and full of text and images! So, my reasoning was that if they want to know more, they'll click on 'about Bernardo' or other pages. The color choices were experimented on by asking others and these were the colors found most comfortable to read. But I do agree color choice is very personal! Thanks anyway for your opinion.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I like the look of the site - but I'd recommend putting your best video on the home page. It's the biggest selling tool for any kids' entertainer, and by requiring your clients to navigate to another page to watch your vids, I suspect many won't get that far.

If there's a vid on the homepage, clients will almost certainly watch that. This means visitors will spend longer on the homepage, which will mean it starts to rank higher in the natural listings.

I understand your desire to keep the site simple, but in my opinion a link to a single video doesn;t need to make the site busy, and will increase interest a great deal.

Just my 2c.

Potty
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks for your valued advice Potty! I did that last time and it did have its merits. However this time around I opted for a cleaner home page. My website isn't so much to sell my show but to confirm my web presence to qualified leads. However, I very much appreciate your input!
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
I love it. It is easy to navigate, very information. I like it.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
My only concern is that it took FOREVER to load up for me. Other than that, I like it...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I like the simplicity of it. Great job!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks Chris for your honest comments - but not too
Much problem here in HK where our download speeds are pretty fast!
Thanks Tommy! High praise from one of my heroes on kidshow magic - I LOVE ALL your products and will buy your two new winners very soon!
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2124 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Wow....if this "entertainer artist" guy has kids, I bet he's got over 2 dozen magicians lined up ready to do a free show for him!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Sorry I really don't get your comment or the relevance to this thread. Kindly explain this?!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Why would people offer his kids a free show? I paid his quoted price as I'm sure others who took him up on his special website offer did. So, in the immortal words of Rocky Balboa: 'Nobody owes nobody nothing!' (Rocky III)
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2124 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
It was meant to be humorous, buuuuuuuut......that sort of thing does happen plenty, in all proffesions. Kickbacks are everywhere. At the restaraunt where I do tablehopping, I took my grandparents to eat on a visit, and the GM comped our meal, saying that the increased business I brought in was well worth it. If this guy's (entertainer artist) services have increased a magician's business and profits, and he called to book a show, I don't think it would be totally unheard of for the magician to at least cut him a deal.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Ahh...ok I get it! Sometimes humour is difficult to interpret through cyberspace! But I do agree it happens a lot everywhere. In this case there was none - just that he made thi special limited offer to design a professional website at a very reasonable rate and I took him up on it! The results were beyond my expectations so I urge others to use his services - regardless of how much he will eventually charge!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I agree the website is really nice - but it's fairly straightforward to create a site like this. I'm curious if Entertainer Artist offers this too, and whether there's the option for ownership and management of the website to be handed over to you?

I understand you don't require optimisation, Bern, but the big selling point for most web designers, is SEO.

The company I favour most include SEO, as well as the option to build your own site, have them assist, or they can construct it completely. http://www.reason8.com/ The sites are HTML, so load pretty fast. But what's impressed me most, is that without my doing any SEO, my Reason8 site is top of the Google listings for several relevant searches.

In total, my sites get about 10,000 unique visitors per month.

I've found that in this recession, good internet presence is vital to keeping enquiries coming in.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 14:58, Christopher Lyle wrote:
My only concern is that it took FOREVER to load up for me. Other than that, I like it...

Same thing here. For some people who don't have fast internet, it would be a problem. Though MagicBern lives in Hong Kong where internet speed is pretty good, so maybe there it's no problem for most people.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My newest website (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL