The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » James Brown - Hide & Seek (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi James,

I have a couple of wallets already. One is the Paul Stone unique magic collection Kaps Wallet. The other is the Escolano Wallet from Spain. Are these Wallets suitable for this effect. I imagine they just need to be able hold a mobile phone?
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Hey all,

I just watched Hide and Seek. I'm really happy that James has released this. This isn't a gimmick, but a great utility that any magician can add to their repertoire. RSVP has made a beautiful dvd (The camera work is amazing) and James has some great performances of Hide and seek in use. The nice thing about this trick is it is multipurpose. You aren't limited to just a cell phone, a playing card. It is almost anything in that approximate size. Being a pickpocket performer, my brain went immediately to wallet or watch.

James does some great work giving credit to who inspired this dvd and covers what I think are most if not all his bases.

James has some great tricks to get you started with this amazing idea, but I think you will have more fun coming up with ideas on your own.

I tried this out at my restaurant and had too much fun with it. Now I have to buy a handkerchief, just so I can play with some of the other ideas on the dvd. (though I wonder what I ideas I can come up with using a devil's hank, or devil's teatowel?)

Great disc, anyone who works should pick this up. Heck, anyone who wears a jacket and does magic should get this dvd, its well worth the money!
mitchgamble
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mitchgamble
I got the DVD in the post this morning and watched it genuinely amazed!

I refused to believe at first that there are NO gimmicks or tricky palms used - Absolutely amazing and well worth £20 of anybody's money (if not more!)

Bravo James, can't wait for the next one!! Smile
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
http://youtu.be/pJsNNn0O8Cw?sc - to answer the question a few have asked Smile

James
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Everything by James, I highly recommend!

He is a real worker and has great ideas, is very entertaining and a good teacher...
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
118 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
I have had the pleasure of reviewing James' DVD for Genii Magazine. My review will appear in the July issue, I believe.
charlie_d
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
This is fantastic material. Very well produced, top quality teaching. Stunning effects, requiring nothing more than a jacket, devilish cunning, and objects borrowed from the audience.

I was expecting this DVD to be tips on an entirely different jacket-based Pat Page idea, that Pat demonstrated on a lecture DVD, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was completely wrong and this is an entirely different touch of Page genius that James has made his own with a thorough reworking and a set of totally up to date, jaw-droppingly direct and very well-routined effects.

Since people who are considering this might be wondering about wallets - the ATW wallet works for the iPhone (of course), also the Jerry O'Connell EZ-wallet (the large size) will also allow the loading of an iPhone 5. It helps a lot if the phone doesn't have a case or "bumper" but it's doable even if it does (depending on the wallet and the phone case).

The reactions were amazing - very genuine, people were geniunely spooked, shocked and freaked out. Lots of "what?" "wtf?" "no way!" and even yelps of surprise and cries of "oh my god!". The reaction of the girl on the "vanishing phone" performance when her phone rang was brilliant. And the lovely little bloke who came up and asked for a trick was priceless - and a really smooth, seamless performance by James and Paul.

10/10. Best purchase this year for me.
christophe
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of christophe
10/10! wow!
I also like it but...
Wait until you try to do it ;-)
charlie_d
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
I've tried it out a couple of times and it seemed fine to me? What was the problem, if you can say in public?
christophe
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of christophe
It works well if you have a little belly, otherwise better to have a topit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » James Brown - Hide & Seek (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL