The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Doubletalk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2664 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Are there any courses for learning doubletalk.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12560 Posts

Profile of John C
That's easy ... listen to politicians! Free lessons.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
shaihorowitz0
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of shaihorowitz0
Practice whenever you can until it starts coming easily
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
I had a pamphlet when I was kid about double talk, and I recently saw it on ebay. Of course I've forgotten the name but it might have been something like Xtalk. That's where I learned that you had to get the sanafor for the apataf, but maybe it would be better if you asked people what time the wheggan thrill thrummed. I hope this will help you get the quaffaree for the farragan like you intended.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here is a brilliant short movie done completely in Double Talk.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8360 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On May 18, 2013, landmark wrote:
I had a pamphlet when I was kid about double talk, and I recently saw it on ebay. Of course I've forgotten the name but it might have been something like Xtalk. That's where I learned that you had to get the sanafor for the apataf, but maybe it would be better if you asked people what time the wheggan thrill thrummed. I hope this will help you get the quaffaree for the farragan like you intended.

I was surfing and just picked up this thread. The author of "X JARG0N" was the late Wallace Lee. I met him in Chicago in `1950 at the IBM comvention in Chicago. It was a small paperback booklet (typical of the period). He explained the "system" very well.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8360 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
P.S.
Wallace Lee was from North Carolina (I THINK)

I heard that he did school shows,but I have no details. I suspect that he booked himself, but not sure.

There was a brief anecdote about him in an old Linking Ring (when I was young (!) I read the LR cover to cover (even the Ring Reports!)

He had a sense of humor (hekk, he double talked!) He used a GMC panel truck (today we would call it a van.)to transport his show. A boy, in a rural area, pointed to the "GMC" on the front of his vehicle, and asked Lee what the "GMC" stood for. Lee replied: "Good Magician Coming!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
The King of Doubletalk, Derwood Fincher. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5eIJCrMKw
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here's another fun fellow:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Doubletalk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL