The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mick Hanzlik - Supalok - Excellent service (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Hey guys, Just wanted to give a quick shout to Mick Hanzlik and his website http://www.loxandkeys.com. I recently shipped a product to him for some repair and unfortunatly, it was seized by customs for some unknown reason. Mick was kind enough to resolve the matter immediately and sent me a replacement free of charge! I was very happy with the service.

Additionally I have owned his "Supalok Maxi", and have been having fun with this. It's a great looking lock, very heavy. What I love about this is that the keys don't spin in a 360 like the other versions (Correct Key and 7 Keys).

Check out his website and look at this stuff.

-Daniel
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Thanks for the kind words Dan! You are now one of theany Supalok owners around the world building up a great reputation!

Supalok is available in 3 sizes, so ca be uased for close-up, parlour and Stage work

-Mick Hanzlik Master Locksmith
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I'd just like to add something to this thread. I've known Mick Hanzlik for more years than either of us care to remember.

His products are first-class and reliable. Mick is a true 'old school' craftsman who takes great pride in what he makes and sells. I've used his products in countless shows, close-up and stage, for about 20 years. They work, and they keep on working.

Mick always deals fairly and honestly. He never wants to sell anyone anything they won't get good use from. He is always willing to help, and he provides customer service and after-sales care above and beyond the call of duty. Very little ever goes wrong with his products or his service, but if ever it does (nothing in this life is perfect) Mick is always eager to solve the problem and put things right as quickly and as cheerfully as possible.

Mick hasn't asked me to write any of this and I have no financial or other vested interest. I'm just saying all this because it's true.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
I have one of these - but have never found a presentation for it that really fit in a mentalism show.

Maybe worth brainstorming some things? Would love to hear some peoples thoughts on this.

It's a wonderful device that works effortlessly.
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Max Mavens routine is great if you ever see his show. They have also showed snippets of Max's routine on TV in the past. I can't really reveal the effect because that would give away his entire presentation.
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
TomConsole
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of TomConsole
I love John Archers routine. Having all the keys in a glass, then having a spectator tap each key on the glass so he can "hear" the correct key. Very finny the way he does i, in my opinion.

I wrote this on another SupLok thread, so let me repeat it here too......
I own one of these. Also I am a locksmith.
If anyone has any interest in this, I can 100% say you will not be disappointed.
There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock.
It is a REAL padlock and uses real pin tumbler keys.
You NEVER have to touch the lock!
Reset is about 1 second.
It is very convincing.
The customer service is 110%...Mick is a great guy!
I know I don't have a lot of posts, so my opinion may not mean alot, but trust me, it is the best gimmicked lock available.
Tom
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, TomConsole wrote:
I love John Archers routine. Having all the keys in a glass, then having a spectator tap each key on the glass so he can "hear" the correct key. Very finny the way he does i, in my opinion.

I wrote this on another SupLok thread, so let me repeat it here too......
I own one of these. Also I am a locksmith.
If anyone has any interest in this, I can 100% say you will not be disappointed.
There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock.
It is a REAL padlock and uses real pin tumbler keys.
You NEVER have to touch the lock!
Reset is about 1 second.
It is very convincing.
The customer service is 110%...Mick is a great guy!
I know I don't have a lot of posts, so my opinion may not mean alot, but trust me, it is the best gimmicked lock available.
Tom

Thanks for the review Tom - you know I want one of these too now.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
I have to chime in here. Mick Hanzlick's service is great. I ordered last Wednesday and the lock arrived "supa fast" today on Monday. For a shipment from England to Germany this is really great. Apart from that the quality is also great! I can wholeheartedly recommend buying from Mick!
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Does anyone know if you can get a bunch of keys made for this? Like 50 keys that "don't work" for the audience to try during preshow.

Thanks,
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, wizardofsorts wrote:
Does anyone know if you can get a bunch of keys made for this? Like 50 keys that "don't work" for the audience to try during preshow.

Thanks,
Edd

Yes.
Mick will help you out with this. As stated by others - Mick is great to work with and his products are top notch.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Supalok?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12219 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Supalok?

I do. I have one. A large one. It won't be cheap.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Mick Hanzlick passed away in November, 2015.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Sadly that is correct.

Supa Lok is the best you can buy. I will never ever sell mine. Highly recommended.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1318 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Is there anything comparable to the late, great Mick Hanzlik’s Supalok today?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2614 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Key-R-Rect/Correct Key
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Not even remotely close. Comparing a Mercedes to a Ford Fusion
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2614 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

Perhaps. But effect and procedure the same.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2614 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

Yes, close. Effect and procedure the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mick Hanzlik - Supalok - Excellent service (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL