The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mick Hanzlik - Supalok - Excellent service (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Effect and procedure yes.

I get some car keys and both cars drive.

But one is a superior driving experience and far higher precision technology.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2615 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Since the Supalok is difficult/impossible to find, the poster asked for a close alternative. I gave it to him.

YOU however, just wanted to argue about quality, etc. which is not what the poster asked, not relevant, and not helpful. Time for you to move on.
We get it- buy your svenpad because it "is a superior driving experience and far higher precision technology."

s
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1317 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Understandable as I have owned both and know the vast differences between them.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I don’t think any of the currently available “alternatives” offer the complete hands-off ease of use for the performer as the old supa-lok.

Many props ultimately play the same to audiences.

So my advice to the poster would be to keep looking for a used supalok which won’t be inexpensive, but a worthwhile investment.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1317 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Anyone familiar with this lock? Apparently, it functions precisely as the discontinued Mick Hanzlik locks: https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog......id=17848
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12222 Posts

Profile of John C
Https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog......id=19776

This one looks like you can so the supa lock thing twice as far as trying each key then the real one.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2615 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2018, John C wrote:
Https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog......id=19776

This one looks like you can so the supa lock thing twice as far as trying each key then the real one.

This is a gravity lock. It is "hands on."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12222 Posts

Profile of John C
Down with gravity.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1317 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2018, rmendez wrote:
Anyone familiar with this lock? Apparently, it functions precisely as the discontinued Mick Hanzlik locks: https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog......id=17848

I ordered one last week and will post a review upon receipt. In the meantime, this is the product’s description translated to English:

Effect: You hand your audience a heavy six-key brass strap lock. From that moment on you will not touch the lock anymore. Ask the audience to check which of the six keys unlocks the lock. Viewers conclude that none of the six keys fit the lock.

No wonder, because you have retained the right key. You hand this key out to a viewer. This one tries him and - indeed - this key (the 7th!) Unlocks the lock.

Now you give (for example) a borrowed ring on the temple and then snap the temple in again. Maybe even on the buttonhole of a spectator jacket. - The keys are now thoroughly messed up until no one can say which is the right key. - You now claim that you can only influence the choice of viewers for a key with the power of your will.

And indeed, the first key chosen by the viewer fits the lock and it can be opened!

Ideal for many routines that require a mental castle, such as "7th Key / The 7th Key" etc.

Width of the castle: about 5 cm.
°°°°°°
With "Lupo's Supra-Castle" you are now holding one of the most convincing locks of this kind in your hands. It is perfect for a variety of locks and key effects. It looks completely normal, because it is a commercial lock. The keys are not all the same but different. It works in the hands of the viewer. It can be quickly made ready for demonstration. Lupo's Supra-Castle will not disappoint you!
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
727 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Re: SupaLock:

(earlier post): "There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock".

...But isn't there a "certain something" on one of the narrow sides of the padlock - that might look "suspicious" to a spectator, considering that this "same thing" is also seen on the bottom of the padlock?
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1317 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I received the lock today and it does indeed function hands-off and precisely as the late, great Hanzlik’s Supalok. The only difference is that it resets from the side as opposed to the bottom which is trivial to me. The lock is comparable in size to Hanzlik’s largest lock and manufactured of the same high quality and precision. The keys appear more like standard keys from a lay audience’s perspective in my opinion. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and will most definitely put it to good use. Generally speaking, I only endorse and support original creators but given the unfortunate circumstances, this product comes very highly recommended. To me, it is a far better option than paying an overly inflated price for a used, original Hanzlik due to scarcity if you are even able to find one available.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ordered!

Thanks Richard for the tip - I love this stuff. This looks right now
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1210 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Brett,

Let us know what you think when you get it.
Forty Six & 2
View Profile
New user
Three cheers and some toasts for my
97 Posts

Profile of Forty Six & 2
Am commenting to keep track of this thread.

I too would love to hear your thoughts on the supra-schloss when you post them. I was in contact with the gentleman selling this lock a year or so ago, but unfortunately I didn't follow through with the order as I was concerned about the lock not being what I was expecting.

Cheers guys, can't wait to hear what you think of this .
Seek and you will find
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I have Hanzlik' marvelous lock, the middle sized version. It is marvelous, but I perform in some settings where a larger lock would play better. To let me make two comments, and then ask a question.

Me Hanzlik lock resets from the side, so it may be identical in that respect.

The German lock appears to come with seven keys; five keys came with my Hanzlik lock.

Regarding the size of the German lock, someone said it is about the size of Hanzlik's largest lock but, in the webpage picture, the lock in the fellow's hand appears to be about the same size as my mid-sized Hanzlik lock. So, naturally, I am reluctant to spring for it. Can anyone clarify the German lock's size, like it's dimensions?

Thanks,

George
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, rmendez wrote:
I received the lock today and it does indeed function hands-off and precisely as the late, great Hanzlik’s Supalok. The only difference is that it resets from the side as opposed to the bottom which is trivial to me. The lock is comparable in size to Hanzlik’s largest lock and manufactured of the same high quality and precision. The keys appear more like standard keys from a lay audience’s perspective in my opinion. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and will most definitely put it to good use. Generally speaking, I only endorse and support original creators but given the unfortunate circumstances, this product comes very highly recommended. To me, it is a far better option than paying an overly inflated price for a used, original Hanzlik due to scarcity if you are even able to find one available.

Hi does it come with English instructions and some suggested routines?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
In German only... but the functionality is very simple.

For routines check our Jim Kleefelds new book “LOCKED”

http://www.jimkleefeld.com/JWKbooks.html
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Link changed.

This is the BEST most precision lock 🔒 on the market today.

https://magic-harri.de/product_info.php?......oss.html
falihahmed
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of falihahmed
Can you copy the keys if you are looking for a specific design?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, falihahmed wrote:
Can you copy the keys if you are looking for a specific design?

I'm confused by the question? Specific design of...? Key?

I doubt it.

Keys for these locks are superb - and each has it's own cuts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mick Hanzlik - Supalok - Excellent service (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 1.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL