The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the ambitious card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
I know what it is a card rises to the top. But is it still an ambitious card say if you were to have it appear at the bottom, or if the final is a card to wallet. Does that still make it an ACR, or something diffrent.

Paul
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
A card that is ambitious to get to the top of the deck!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Top, bottom, middle in a wallet, it doesn't matter it is AMBITIOUS because it keeps re-appearing. Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
I agree with Pete. Dai Vernon did a version of this effect where the card came to the top, went to the bottom, appeared on the top face up and also took the place of an indifferent card on top of the deck. As long as it's the same card popping up, it's ambitious.
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Ditto.

frankly, I like to shapeshift if I'm too lazy to do a "routine" with the ambitious card Smile

how bout you guys?
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Thanks allot, guys that's what I was thinking. What do some of you guys do for your ambitious card, that's diffrent?

Paul
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Dude, just do yourself a favor and pick up daryl's ambitious card dvd, you'll learn everything about the trick and thank yourself everyday that you bought it. It's wonderful and many different things happen. One favorite part of my ambitious card is when the audience member pushes their signed card in the deck only to have it reappear with no moves whatsoever hanging from my mouth.
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Thanks I'm looking at that. I was just curious as to what some of you guys do.

Paul
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26966 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Paul, The 'ambition to rise to the top' is the PRESENTATION premise for the effect.

The routine with that presentation was a pertinant metaphor back in the 1920s and probably made sense till the 1980s.

These days, a pertinant presentation migt involve IPOs, a Federal invesitigation and lots of reorganization.

Getting clever with a selected card showing up all over the place is a great effect that just needs a fun presentation. 'Ambition' is just one possible presentation. Feel free to use other presentations
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Different?

probably none.

but try this:

after you've done the MARLO TILT or BLUFF PASS, or TOP CHANGE - do the d.l. stick "the ambitious card" into the middle and using the top card push the "sticking out" card fully in. and make sure not to flash that top card Smile

replace the top card back into the deck and then do larry jenning's snap double lift or whatever dl you like and say "i wanna get it to the top again".

take the top card once again this time and use it to "point" to the top of the deck. move that top card away, not yet revealing or flashing its face a few inches from your left hand which holds the deck, and make a "tossing" motion towards your left hand which holds that random card Smile

slowly turnover the card in your right hand. as their applauding, cover your ears and prepare to do your next routine Smile

MODS: if this gives so much away, please feel free to chop it, or maybe move it somewhere safe Smile
thanks. but I'm hopin' you won't.
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
102 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Ambitious card is a great routine...not too mention you will learn several different ways to swap cards right under the noses of the spectator...you also learn control of cards....over all it will bring out your ambitions in becoming a good magician...if you can master the any type of ambitious routine for your reportoire...you will definitely be remembered....try adding different endings...thats what counts...check out Doc Easons Happy birthday card trick...or single ambition.
Smile
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
David Le the sequence you just described is the 'daley leaper' by Dr Jacob Daley. The 'Marlo tilt' is an incorrect name for the tilt move which was actually created by Dai Vernon. It was originally called 'The Vernon Depth Illusion' and Marlo altered/improved the handling and called it the tilt. Sorry, this is just a little pet hate of mine: mis-crediting.
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
I'll keep that in mind.

and since its used by the ever popular Dr. Daley, I'm sure it's something that works Smile

Welshwizard,

do you think that's a good finale to the ACR or should I keep it in the middle phases?? or could I use it as a stand alone? Smile

what do you think? Smile

thanks.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
437 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Quote:
On 2003-11-16 17:58, Welshwizard wrote:
The 'Marlo tilt' is an incorrect name for the tilt move which was actually created by Dai Vernon. It was originally called 'The Vernon Depth Illusion' and Marlo altered/improved the handling and called it the tilt. Sorry, this is just a little pet hate of mine: mis-crediting.

Excuse me for playing devils advocate, but if you yourself claim Marlo 'altered' the handling, surely that justifies renaming it as his?
So much to do. So little time.
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Doesn't matter, does it? Smile

isn't the ambitious card using the TILT the trick that vernon fooled houdini with? Smile
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
437 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Yes it does.

No it wasn't.
(He used a DB card)
So much to do. So little time.
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I have really enjoyed this thread. I love the ambitious card and have performed a certain routine for quite some time. I'm ashamed of myself that I never thought about said card going wherever it wants. Smile Thanks gang, you have inspired me once again! Time to bust out the bikes! Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the ambitious card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL