The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2013 entrée: Jerome Finley » » Repeat business » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...this is a potential firecracker, and you know me mate, you know I wouldn't post this unless I thought it could be discussed freely and in a mates-way...and its a question I return to more and more of late...

so here it is...

within therapy, the very, very best outcome therapists aim for, is that you do not get to see your client again... as in, after a period of time, that person transforms, transmogrifies, comes to terms with and re-learns how to deal with their current problem, or past problems and can now feel more confident in dealing with their future ones...

but there is very little of this spoken about within mentalism and readings... there's plenty about keeping a client list, bits of business to garner more visits...but not that much on how to NOT see those people again...

obviously this is stepping away from the entertainment style readings - but the far deeper, client-list and repeat business side of things...(and I'm thinking of some of the old Nelson booklets on such matters as a quick example)...

so I don't quite have a question for you - just wondered if you fancied talking about such things, and how you see the differences or similarities, especially as you can see it from different sides and perspectives, given your training and beliefs...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Also...

When, how and why did you give your first ever reading?
I've asked to be banned
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Iain,

You know how I love firecrackers, right? Smile

Regarding therapy and seeing clients within a healing or therapeutic context, I agree. I want to get in, do whatever I can possibly do to help facilitate a healing state within that person, provide them with new tools and then get out again. Best case scenario is that I can give what is needed and sought after as quickly as I can manage and that my clients go on to do well, live their happy lives and know they can always call on me again for advice, support, a compassionate ear, new tools & perspectives and healing hands to lean on.

We're in total agreement there, absolutely.

Regarding readings, I feel much the same way and my own line of thinking is that every reading is healing, and every deep healing is also a reading.

Now...that said...I think there's a HUGE difference between creating and supporting a dependant relationship with our clients and sitters. I have many, MANY regulars that I read for (anyone who does this work for long enough and is good at it WILL!), but there's a very fine line that I don't ever want to cross and certain things that I'll never do. It's important to maintain boundaries in this line of work and one of those boundaries is letting people find their own truth, be self sufficient and still realize that when s**t hits the fan, they have someone good and caring and trustworthy they can meet with, call and talk to.

This is a difficult question to answer as each person and every case is different, naturally. I often think of myself as a psycho-spiritual advisor and intuitive consultant, and I would rather see people BECAUSE they're doing well, being successful, staying happy and healthy, abundant, peaceful and prosperous than not. A lot of times when I "read" for my regulars, it's because they're coming to me to celebrate good news, keep their wits about them and simply want to spend time in my company. A deep bond and relationship has been developed there over time...and although it's a professional bond and relationship with certain boundaries, we both know exactly what it is we're there to do.

;)

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Excellent...cheers mate...

and yeah - wouldn't it be brilliant to only ever read for people when they are entirely focused, contented and all the rest of it...the dynamic would change completely, and I wonder who would end up reading who the most!

thanks for the reply and I'll bother you in a week or two with something I've "made" for you...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2013 entrée: Jerome Finley » » Repeat business » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL