The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Just introducing myself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
Hi all,

My name is Eric, and I'm a complete amateur in St. Louis. I've always enjoyed magic, but only got "serious" in the last six months. I'm probably getting a late start compared to most people since I'm already 36 with two kids (a daughter, 8, and a two year old son). I picked up juggling a few years ago, and that gave me the confidence to try some slight of hand. In June I was in Las Vegas and saw a demo of Scotch and Soda and purchased it. That really was what got me started because that looked like real magic to me, and I could actually perform it.

Since then I've spent way too much money on books, videos and tricks. (The internet makes it way too easy to find all kinds of magic stuuf to buy.) I recently did a show for my daughter's girl scout troop that they really enjoyed, and just yesterday did a show for the local Special School District. Both shows went really well, and while I never expect to make a living doing magic, I hope to start doing birthday parties, etc. I really like working with kids, but I think you can entertain the adults at the same time.

Thanks,

Eric.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Welcome to the Magic Café!!!
Have a good time here! Smile
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Hi there Eric!

Welcome to The Magic Café! Smile

I'm an amateur as well, though I do hope to turn pro when I get older.

It seems like you've gotten off to a good start. Congrats on doing well at those shows.

I look forward to reading your posts here at the Café. It sounds like you've got some good thoughts to share.

Emily Belleranti
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Eric Smile Smile Smile
A very nice resume indeed. Welcome to the Café. You will find more than you expect here.Please enjoy a cup of strong Turkish Coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next posts.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Espalding,

Thanks for the nice introduction about yourself. Seems you have plenty of time to pursue magic and the Café is a wonderful resource to use.

Since you purchased Scotch and Soda you may be interested in checking out the coin workers forum as I believe they are discussing that effect now.

You may also want to check out New to Magic as to what are the best books to purchase to help you along.

Don't hesitate to post or ask questions as it's a friendly group. Lastly, I noticed the area you are from, St. Louis, has a active IBM ring..should you ever decide to pursue joining a ring and shmoozing with others of the same interest.

Welcome! Smile
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Welcome from another St. Louis person (well, Waterloo IL 1/2 hour away).

have fun!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Just introducing myself (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL