The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Best Cups and Balls producer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Sherwood engraved brass cups are one of my most treasured purchases,they are stunning.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
555 Posts

Profile of karnak
No love for the Johnson cups? I don't own them myself, but I'm just sort of curious why nobody's mentioned them in this thread. Are they sub-par in some way, relative to other manufacturer's cups at roughly the same price point?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Nothing against them, I just prefer knowing the maker personally and feeling the "organic" nature of a hand spun cup. Johnsons just have that cold "factory" look to them. And they only come in the one size.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The best cups and ball producer is the performer with the delivery of a very entertaining routine.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
135 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Joe Porper cups and ballsa are terrific too. Back in the day, several top pros I know used them. I think Joe currently is out of stock, but you can see them here: http://www.porperoriginals.com/cups_pics.htm
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
If you have about $500 to spend then get two sets of cups.

I love RNT and Sherwood cups.
I have the advantage of living near and working with Donnie and know he not only makes great cups but cares deeply about his customers.

I like my Riser cups as well but James is not making many cups anymore. The set I have is still in great shape after using them for many years.

The elduco cups are also very nice brass cups that look different than most magic cups with a bead. We used to call them the bullets. I have a set of those that are about 23yrs old.

You might also want to look at the Johnson Cups because they are well made and for $500 you can get 3 straight cups and one chop cup to match. The advantage of this is the veriety of routines you can do with them as well as consistancy of the CNC cups..they are all the exact same.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2652 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Johnson cups are great and I've found they have a nice ring to them with tapped with a wand.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
333 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
I like the Johnson cups myself. When they first started making the brass cups I brought a set with a chop cup to go with the set. After I received them, I liked them so much that I brought another set and chop cup.

I do not perform much anymore and I am thinking of selling one set along with a chop cup to go with the set. Can you tell me what would be a fair price to sale them for. Lightly used.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
What are the dimensions of the Johnson cups? I don't see that information on the website. Thanks.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Not complaining about my copper Bazar de Magia.
In fact very very happy.
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Buy the Sherwoods. Honestly, they are amazing cups. I have never owned a set myself but I have handled a friends set- they were beautiful and just amazing.
Ah, if only I didn't have to eat....
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
I only have three sets at present time..

Copper Paul Fox

Copper Riser Standards

And Copper Foxy 3

Beautiful Cups! Paul Fox and Foxy 3 by RNT2
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I'm with Pete Biro....you can't beat RnT II cups......my personal favorites are my Copper Mendoza Combo cups, and for combo cups and chop cups, RnTII has adjustable balls.......which are a Godsend, IMHO.

Having said that, Magicians LOVE handling my Charlie Miller Cups........in Charlie's words..."They're a MAN's set of cups!"...like the Johnnie Paul cups, they're GREAT with sponge balls!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Best Cups and Balls producer? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL