The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Also known as by Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

I have been away working on an effect called " also known as " for quite sometime.

Demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXpdnHeGkU

This will be available soon.

All the best

R
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Looks nice, I missed out on getting numbers when it was released but I'm anxiously waiting on this one.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
"Quite sometime" eh? Wow, it sounds awesome. I'm still waiting for the changing card to back pocket to surface though so I'll save my dough until then. Smile
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Great idea! Well done!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Just to let you know 'also known as ' is now available.

http://deceptivevisions.com/aka.cfm

All the best

R
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Just to let you, based on that demo I wouldn't be interested in this even if it were free.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
Magicandsoul, that is a curious comment. Would you care to elaborate?

I bought AKA, and really liked the thinking and simplicity of it. You can take this method/principle in so many
different directions, not to mention the ability to weave it into other effects.

I think it is a winner.

Ian.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3026 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Don't find his comment curious at all. I'd most likely use a different adjective.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I must have missed something...What did Rus do? Sheesh...the haters... Smile

Doug
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

What is it you dislike so much about it magicandsoul?

R
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Just paid. Let's see if I hate it too. Smile
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
No, I don't hate AKA. I hate Russ. He's clever.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-02-11 20:16, Rizzo wrote:
Don't find his comment curious at all. I'd most likely use a different adjective.

Care to elaborate, Rizzo? I'm curious about these one-shot stings in these threads. No explanations...just veiled insults.

Maybe I've missed something. I'm gonna do a thorough search on this. Not trying to start trouble...I just wanna know what makes people come in, pop an insult and leave. I know you're not a Troll, Rizzo. In fact, I respect you a lot!

I'm curious why the hate...I see it a lot here in the Café lately. Pages and pages. So, you understand my curiosity about Rus.

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well...I just got this. Honestly?

I LOVE IT!!! This is brilliant! I can see so many uses for this...and the options Rus gives you...well, I don't want to say too much.

I've never seen this principle before. As far as I know this is new. Magicandsoul and Rizzo, you're missing out. Your choice, though! Smile

Doug
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3026 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Doug, apparently my crytic message was taken the WRONG WAY> I simply said I don't find his (magicandsoul) comment curious at all, Id use a different adjective. Meaning not curious.
I stand behind Rus work and have purchased from him going back a couple years. My comment simply was that I don't find magicandsoul comment curious. magicand soul comment was far from curious, Id use a different adjective. Pick one as if I were to type it here, 1 of 2 things would happen. id get banned or all******* would show up.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh! OK! LOL! Thanks Rizzo! You're not a hater. That's good. Still, I'm embarrassed for magicandsoul for that comment. Hmmm...maybe we shouldn't give it the dignity of further comment.

AKA is great! This is used with cards, but I see potential here for other things...
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 00:02, Dougini wrote:
Oh! OK! LOL! Thanks Rizzo! You're not a hater. That's good. Still, I'm embarrassed for magicandsoul for that comment. Hmmm...maybe we shouldn't give it the dignity of further comment.

AKA is great! This is used with cards, but I see potential here for other things...

Dear Lord. I should think that anyone selling anything would actually benefit from knowing that their product doesn't appeal to everyone. So now, if anyone does not like anything for any reason then they are a hater? Strange how the same logic does not apply to you for labeling and hating on me.

I simply did not like the demo and expressed that if it had a free link to the explanation I would've passed it on by. Sorry for not seeing the "Validate Me Only" sign. Next time I'll make sure no one is wearing any brown shirts before I comment.

Ironically, the only thing I hate is intolerance.

M&S
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
M&S, you explained yourself! That's all I was really asking. We have a problem in the Café with trolls. I just didn't want to see that here.

I see what you mean about it appearing that I labelled and "hated" on you. I apologize. "Intolerance" is subjective. What I really have a problem with is rudeness. I tend to go over the top myself. I tend to jump right into the fray. Bad one. Gotta work on that.

Rus was kind enough to share with us, and I found it rude that someone would make such a comment without a reason WHY. It just seemed like such a slam to the man. It's not WHAT you say, M&S, but HOW you say it. Example:

You tell a woman she has a face that would make time stand still. Another guy tells her she has a face that would stop a clock. See?

Rasp, Rus and I asked you to elaborate. You ignored us. What were we to think? Then you say: "I should think that anyone selling anything would actually benefit from knowing that their product doesn't appeal to everyone."

There are much nicer ways to let someone know the product doesn't appeal to you. Think about it M&S. Put yourself in Rus' place. You release a pet effect, and you immediately get a comment, "...based on that demo I wouldn't be interested in this even if it were free."

How does that sound? C'mon. You are smarter than that! Smile Couldn't you have been a bit nicer about it? I tell ya, I'm glad you came back, M&S. At least you responded eventually. I'm sorry I went off like that. I am just so sick of the attitudes here in the Café lately.

M&S, you were not doing anything but giving an honest opinion. I accept that. Do you agree we could all be nicer (myself included)?

Doug
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1231 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Got my hands on this today and it's another simple but great idea from Rus,
I have a little pile of cards for Rus' effects and will be making sure this is included,

don't understand what is not to like about the demo,

as with most of Rus' work, it gets me thinking, already coming up with variations and ideas for methods,
very good little effect, normal deck spectator choice feels free, hard hitting for the amount of work needed,

it's very simple, but there is a lot to explore
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Since you asked....here's what gives me reason to pass on this, even if I found it in a magazine.

1. Demo gave me the impression that only about 1/4th of the introduced deck can be shown to be normal/shuffled when it was removed from the case.
2. Demo gave me the impression that the deck cannot be shuffle/cut prior to the selection.
3. Demo gave me the impression that after the selection, the deck must be put away and is definitely not useable for another routine much less examinable.
4. I don't want to expand on the change your mind issue, but I admit to having a love/hate relationship with that procedure. Clever, but...

I agree, prior to being told, that these are rather common necessities for many routines. A casual glance at few cards gives the impression that all is good, a false cut/shuffle gives the impression that the deck could've been borrowed (though not used to that advantage here), a casual put-away of the deck gives the impression it's inconsequential, telling the spec "if this then change to that" gives them the impression that it could've actually been this or that. I get it

The remembered effect here is...I cut to any card, memorized it, then he told me to think of a different card of my choosing. He then showed me that a duplicate of the new card was in an envelope, in his wallet, that was untouched until the revelation.

BTW, the Demo is edited in such a way that the very first words he says are a bit unclear, so did he mention the envelope or the wallet or a general predication in the general area of the wallet? The audio fades in too late.

There are a lot of really good open prediction and multiple out routines that IMHAHO (in my humble and hated opinion) are far superior in handling, presentation, and revelation. I simply was not impressed with this demo to the point of pursuing how he does it. I say "how he does it" because I know enough about card magic to break down that demo and easily duplicate the effect.

I agree my initial post was easy to misinterpret and could very well have been taken as rude. I assure you that I was simply being blunt and to the point. I certainly do not mean to be rude for the ridiculous sake of being rude. While the truth has no agenda, she is often blind to how others see her and to that point I thank you for bringing it to light.

I vow to henceforth never comment without clarity. And even though I will not purchase or perform this effect I certainly hope those that do find value in it and that their audiences applaud them for their efforts.

M&S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Also known as by Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL