The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2013 entrée: Jerome Finley » » Most under-rated...? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
It's always tough to pick a favourite... But I was wondering if its as tough as tough to choose the most underrated of your work.
I have my opinion but I'll wait to hear yours until I share it

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Definitely as tough, hahaha!

I can honestly say that I love everything I've ever put out there (for different reasons!) or else I wouldn't have released it.

However...pieces such as "Thought Veil", "Guerrilla Q&A", "Full Contact Mind Reading" and "The PC Trilogy" are among my personal favorites.

At the same time, my earlier works such as "RAOK", "Thought Channel", "Thought Dial", "T&R" & "The Taboo Treatise" will always hold a particularly special place in my heart.

Dunno, Dave! It's so hard to say but I'd sure LOVE to hear your thoughts and feelings on the subject...lay it on me! Smile

Yours,
J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Haha

This is personally speaking of course...
I think Thought Viel is your Magnum Opus (so far) and its my feeling that nobody who has it would think any different. It's a huge sprawling work full of great thinking of both the practical and esoteric kind.

For me, the most under-rated--- and by that I mean the work that seems to have the least buzz about it has always been T&R. And maybe it's just because I was ready for it when it arrived. There are a couple of effects/essays in that literally changed the way I thought about performing generally and Mind Reading particularly.

Now, of course, my mind is drifting to some of the others and I gotta say I love PC 1&2, I remember Mike Meadows and I performing the Inyanga spoon bend for one another not too long after it was released... at any rate thanks for sharing... everything!

d
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Love it, love it, love it!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback here, Dave. I miss you, brother!

I really hope to see you again sooner than later. Smile

J.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
All are great works, but for me thought dial book is a pice of art! And Tought Veil is a Huge work! You can see the place has in my library!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Haha love the pic Luca!
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I'm jealous of you both (for having Thought Veil).
I do have T&R though, and it's amazing!

I feel like most of Jerome's work is under-rated. I have one of the PC trilogy (PC2) and it's an absolutely amazing book, maybe my favorite that I personally have, but I never hear anyone talk about it.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Awwww...thanks you guys!

Luca, that's one SEXY freakin' library you've got there...love it!

J.
hypblake
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypblake
I have not seen every book by Jerome, but the ones I have are some of my most treasured books. Thought Veil is the one that changed me as a performer the most. BTW Jerome Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Full Contact Mind-reading for me, personally...

however, I do think anything JF has released is going to be worth the investment, purely because if you can read anything by any one person that can turn your world view on things, you've gotta experience it at least once...
I've asked to be banned
mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
One of the best Mentalism working libraries I have seen.
Patrick2409
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Patrick2409
"...I share what I have found to be of value for myself and lead/inspire BY EXAMPLE."

This is a sentence I took a note of from Thought Veil and it since became a question to ponder for so many things. Under-rated or not, everything I've read from Jerome DOES EXACTLY THIS. At least for me. I can't thank you enough for this!!!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Patrick,

Thank you!!!
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Love your work!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
RSteele,

Thanks, mate! Smile

Hugs for everyone,
J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2013 entrée: Jerome Finley » » Most under-rated...? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL