The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Emote (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
I know there are a lot of people here that don't agree with using playing cards in our art, but for those that do use them, Emote is a new release that helps bring the old Ambitious card routine away from being a "trick" and more into an inspirational (or maybe motivational would be a better word) piece.

This fits really well for me in casual situations, and I think would be a great follow up and closer after the final routine in Mr Voodini's "Hypno-Mental Self-Working Card Tricks".
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Hi TJ,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, always appreciated.

Are you looking for a new amazing technique for a card trick? Something which uses an amazing new sleight?

Well…this is not it…

This is my version of a classic in close-up card Magic with a difference; it will elevate your card Magic to something else and provide you with a real psychological and emotional connection with your audience.

This is my version of the classic ambitious card, which no longer looks like just another trick. I have stripped it down to it's core and re-built it into something truly Magical. This is not just a trick anymore, this is a journey into your spectators psyche and a transformational experience with real moments of wonder.

This fully scripted experience will leave them with a souvenir and something they will tell all of their friends about for many years to come.

Are you ready to take your Magic to the next level?

This is real Magick…

This is EMOTE

More info/reviews here:

http://www.thewrongsideofmidnight.com/emote.php

Glad you enjoyed the routine as it's served me very well over the years,

Anthony Smile
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Let us leave the 'don't use playing cards' with the mentalist shall we. I would think that a bizarrist would have no problems at all in passing his knowledge of the arcane origins of the humble playing card to his audience.

I have seen Anthony perform this whilst we shared a pipe of 'rootbark' at the back of Tamworth Castle, so I may be somewhat prejudiced. However, I would still tell you if I thought it was rubbish.
It isn't.
It is a very old card principle. What Anthony has done is take it to a whole new level. He performed it for me and I felt a mixture of genuine excitement in wanting to get out and give the idea a go, and a desire to kick myself for not coming up with it myself!
In this community we understand that genuine magic does not happen without emotional content (incidentally, this is equally true for art in general - don't believe me, do check it out!). Mr Black clearly understands this in his work, nowhere so much as in this piece.
It is pretty *** easy to perform the mechanics, you probable already know them, however, it will test your ability on a different level. Also, there it sets the creative mind to work in considering further possibilities.
The Tamworth connection aside, this guy is worth watching.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Anthony, the comments from TJ and Chris have piqued my interest. I have just ordered Emote and look forward to reading it tonight after the children are in bed... Thanks!
David
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just ordered mine. If Mr. Gould endorses this, that's gold to me.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Mr. Gould = Mr. Gold
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Hope you enjoy my thoughts David and Oz...have fun with the idea & let us know how you get on with it.

Many thanks for the kind words Chris, although yes it is true we did share a pipe behind Tamworth castle....I don't think I inhaled.

Although if I never inhaled...why the flashbacks of Hopwas Woods, the chanting and something about joining the cult of Shadows...and the missing time...

.....dancing around a fire... Smile

...drum beats...
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I was skeptical, but bought it anyway...
I love the fact that it doesn't stay a mere card trick (and I have thought about this also...

I would do one thing after this effect... because it is about self-empowerement... I would follow it up with a out of this world... (the one eugene burger performs on his dvd aobut presentations). I might put this in my set... it suits a wizard, I think. (my character is that of a wizard,..., but kind of wicca-druidic as well).
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Quote:
On 2013-02-04 06:02, Anthony Black wrote:
...flashbacks of Hopwas Woods, the chanting and something about joining the cult of Shadows...and the missing time...

.....dancing around a fire... Smile

...drum beats...

You inhaled.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
[quote]On 2013-02-04 06:47, Christopher Gould wrote:
Quote:

You inhaled.

That explains a lot...

Quote:
On 2013-02-04 06:38, cirrus wrote:

I would do one thing after this effect... because it is about self-empowerement... I would follow it up with a out of this world... (the one eugene burger performs on his dvd aobut presentations).

Nice idea my fellow Wizard, and I'm glad you like EMOTE.

After a few PM's about this paticular subject, to save time...

I'll just leave this here...

For those of you that wish to pursue this option...

If you had your contact details on a sticker of sorts like a lot of performers do for mailings etc...

You could say at the end of your performance...almost as if it's an afterthought...

"Sometimes after I speak to people about this subject, as it's so emotional and personal to them they often find themselves having strange dreams about this experience we just shared...I'm always interested and fascinated in hearing those dreams and trying to make sense of what they mean for you and your personal development...so when (WHEN, not if) this happens to you then please feel free to get in touch and tell me about it, because as well as the Tarot and other such arts of life interpretation, one of my passions in life is dream analysis. I'll just pop this on here for you."

;)
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
After seeing a few great reviews I purchased this out of curiosity.

the first impression was this is a bit gimmicky and uses cards......

the next impression...
this is one profound piece of inspirational, and motivational presentation.
Anthony took a trick that I would never do in a live performance and turned it into a piece that I will now incorporate into my more intimate shows. it connects to a participant very quickly and gives them and brief positive reading and sets them on a path that will change them forever.

this is suitable for almost any age group!

well done Anthony I love this one!

Michael
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Hi Michael,

I'm glad you enjoyed this, it was something I had kept to myself for a long time and it's now nice to see other performers/readers getting a kick out of it too.

One lady has kept her ****a**** for around 5 years now as a good luck charm in her purse (the purse has changed many times), and talks about it to her friends (you can't buy that sort of word of mouth publicity) I know of many others who would loath to be seperated from it too.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you after you have been out and performed this to your clients and hearing about their reactions/thoughts.

Have fun,

Anthony Smile
saul
View Profile
New user
Hastings, UK
9 Posts

Profile of saul
I have had this for just over a week now and I must say, it is a little beaut!

First of all, I haven't performed it live yet. However, I know that it is going to work in the real world even better than it reads on paper. There are not many effects that I can say that for. I still need to get a little something to perform Emote and can't wait to give it a go as soon as I have. I have been thinking about the presentation a hell of a lot in the time that I have had it, and have chopped and changed the routine a little to incorporate a good reason to hand out a business card that they will want to keep. I really think that this one is a keeper and can genuinely see myself using it and refining it for years to come. For £11 it's a keeper and I'm sure Anthony will gladly forward my handling to anybody that may be interested in it.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I have used this and it does kill, ill be using it again tonight!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Emote (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL