The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Good Evening, my name is Joe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Hello there,

I probably should have introduced myself earlier. But I didn't. So I am now.

I'm Joe, pleased to meet you.

As a child, I was amazed by magic. But perhaps not in a good way. I thought I was pretty smart, and I just wanted to know how it was done.

I saw a magician at my uncle's wedding and he did the sponge balls. It was amazing. But then I wasn't amazed... I just wanted to do it and amaze OTHER people!

Throughout the decades I've dabbled on and off with magic.

Then in 2010 I found out about this guy called Derren Brown. I just HAD to know how he did "Fingers" so I started searching and googling and reading. My interest was rekindled, but this time I had a different appreciation for it.

Now I know a lot more about magic than I ever did before. I recently went to see "The Illusionists" and knew how most of the effects were done, and yet... My appreciation for their performance and my sheer enjoyment of watching was so much deeper than anything I felt as a child.

Having a full time job and a full time baby(!) I don't have the ability to practice as much as I'd like, but I still love learning and talking about magic.

And so ends the somewhat backwards tale of how I got into magic.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome joesquire,

Don't forget that every minute here could be practice time so make sure you balance the two.

Congratulations on your Baby.

-Mary mowder
joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Thanks Mary (and Spartacus),

Though it's less conspicuous to have an extra window open at my work computer, than to be playing with a deck of cards Smile
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Welcome to the Café.
msmagic1
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of msmagic1
Welcome Joe! I been around for some time also, but have just recently signed on
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hi Joe Welcome to the Magic Café, it's a great resource! Lots of wisdom in these pages!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! Another old geezer joins us! Better "late" than "never"!

I think you'll find us a somewhat "motley" group--but most of us are the sort of folks, you would invite over for supper. --Especially if they brought along a deck of cards, or a TT!

Welcome~from a really old geezer..............
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mch64961
View Profile
New user
TN
82 Posts

Profile of mch64961
Welcome to the greatest forum on earth!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Joesquire,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Good Evening, my name is Joe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL