The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Saw Dan Sperry in the park... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Went to see "The Illusionists" in Brisbane and was really keen to meet Dan Sperry so I hung out at the stage door for ages afterwards.

Sadly Dan didn't come out so we headed off to get some kebabs (nothing soothes the soul better)

My wife (not a magic fan) goes "hey, isn't that that guy?"

I turn around and there he is, ordering lunch not 10 metres away.

I went over, thanked him for the show, told him he did a great job. And just exuded more awkwardness than I'd ever thought possible.

I took my leave and then asked my wife if I should ask for a photo. She wisely advised not. We had overheard Dan talking about how he had been feeling a cold coming on and was hoping it would stay away for closing night tomorrow.

Moral of the story, despite not being the one wearing leather, spikes and makeup... somehow _I_ came off as the creepy one...

If you see this Dan, you played a great show. Sorry if I gave you the impression I wanted to keep you in my basement...
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Don't ever hesitate to ask for a photo if you like - and indie end up getting sick....
DANSPERRY.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Saw Dan Sperry in the park... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.77 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL