The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help with Chris Capehart's Impossible Link (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Hey all,

I have been working on Chris Capehart's 3 ring routine for a while now, especially the 'Impossible Link' (his version of the crash link). Does anyone else do this?
I am learning the routine from Chris' video, but I still have some questions. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Repond to this thread, or PM me. Thanks.
- dave s.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just keep at it. It could take a looooooooooooong time, but it is worth it.

How long have you been doing rings? One year? Five years?

Do you have good quality rings?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Mr. Biro - thanks for your prompt response. It is a pleasure to have you and other pros as frequent posters at the Café.
I bought my set of rings over 10 years ago, so I don't even remember who made them. I think they are decent quality. I have been working on the capehart routine for the past few months, and the impossible link is beating the heck out of my hand. Is it supposed to hurt this much? Am I doing something wrong? During the move, the single ring butts against the meaty part of my hand just below the pinkie in order to enter the 'key'. Is this correct or is there some way to move my fingers (imperceptibly) so that the single ring can move through they key momentarily without obstruction?
If you have experience with the routine, or the 'impossible link' please PM me. Thanks in advance for your help.
- dave schwartz

p.s. thanks to everyone who posts and shares their knowledge. I recently recieved some great tips (re: other material) via PM. Thanks again. Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is difficult to describe, but when doing any crash link the leverage of the ring as you go up with your hand, then come down can allow the ring and meaty part of your hand to separate for a fraction of a second.

Timing and practice.

Try re-adjusting your grip.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help with Chris Capehart's Impossible Link (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL