The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Apothecary Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I got the idea for this from a post a few weeks ago here. I combined a large book, some old bottles, a skull with the idea of not just phrenology but performing a magic trick and an original idea of a quackery machine....

Part medicine....part magic....and a whole lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whRTHWooFxs

Chuck Caputo
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
342 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Thanks Chuck...

I thought your Haunted Apothecary Box was great...thanks for sharing.

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Thanks Dr. Dan, I had a blast building it - I like the concept of this, the story telling possibilities are endless!!

Chuck
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
The box looks very nice, but I wouldn't use it as a regular card trick. I'd get me a blank card deck, age it and then write the names of diseases on it.Then your box would even give a medical diagnosis.

Regards

Michael
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Nice idea, keep them coming!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
As long as it keeps creativity alive and fun is the 1st priority! Consider a rapping hand.
One ignorant comment - slow down...try not to rush through the tour of the box. I would love to know any back story of the box and it's contents - thus making it an ongoing project.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Yes, A rapping hand would be nice. I was also thinking of an old candle after being lit throughout can change color. I am limited on space however but can make an accessory type box to carry a few more items in.

Incidentally most of the electronics are hidden behind the big bottle on the lower left inside of book, the bottle can be taken out however and possibly can be used for a liquid effect that changes color, etc. There is a removable backboard behind bottle so nothing can be seen when bottle is removed. I can also obtain old medical tools such as handheld saws, vintage hypodermic needles, etc. Endless possibilities.

I will present this as my great grandfathers doctors case disguised as book so as not to scare patients when he made house calls.

Chuck
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 17:03, Anverdi-museum wrote:
I got the idea for this from a post a few weeks ago here. I combined a large book, some old bottles, a skull with the idea of not just phrenology but performing a magic trick and an original idea of a quackery machine....

Part medicine....part magic....and a whole lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whRTHWooFxs

Chuck Caputo

Happy to see someone was inspired by the 17th-century 'poison' book. Well done!

BC
Phasmologist
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love yer vids Chuck.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 06:56, PROF BC wrote:

Happy to see someone was inspired by the 17th-century 'poison' book. Well done!

BC

Yes, that info was super inspiring, I just got me a large old Bible on Ebay and want to start my own project.

Just watched the video again for inspiration and it just came to me that the final reveal appears a little too fast for my taste.

Perhaps you should blow and wave the freshly printed piece of paper to build more tension.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Apothecary Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL