The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Buying escape equipment...... Again.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ok peeps here is the truth.

If you see something you like in the Cannons catalogue (back in the days of yaw, whatever they were) and it is a piece made by Ian McColl, it may still be available.

Ian has made it very clear (as have other people) how to go about buying stuff from him but it seems to come up every now and then and some find it too tricky to comprehend let alone do. So one last time for public record here is how to buy from Ian McColl.

1 contact him privately VIA EMAIL and let him know what you want. If you can't work out how to email him .... You will also struggle with the easy to follow instructions and don't have enough intelligence to be doing escapes.
2 He will tell you if it is I stock and how much for the item and delivery etc.
3 Send him the money , I used pay pal, ( its easy and in no time at all you have new kit!)
4 take delivery of some super cool escape kit and enjoy the quality - my stuff arrived in only 8 days after initial contact!

Of course he may not have it in stock and terms and conditions apply. As production runs are small expect prices to be fair BUT well worth it! He has also made it crystal clear that you can't place orders by open forum.

Here is a review of his spread eagle hasps:-
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=18&23

In closing his kit is excellent and very very clever and he is dead easy to work with!
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
So sorry I didn't know this then and apologize for not following protocol.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Dave, did you pull that from my site? That's almost exactly how I conduct business! Huh... go figure! Cool.

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You have a web site???

You sell stuff????

How the heck was I supposed to know? Smile Smile Smile

Aw you know I'm kidding, I LOVE your metal work (is that what one should call the 'stuff' you create?) my eldest wants me to sneak over there and steal Bender! I think the metal detector alarm may go off at the airport!

Dave
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Steel Bender? Yes, he is.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes steal, steel bender who bends steel.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
...and who, disguised as Clark Kent--mild-mannered porter who likes to deposit the newspaper...
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Hey Dave,
I have a few questions about the ordering process....

Quote:
On 2013-02-06 18:17, dave_matkin wrote:

3 Send him the money , I used pay pal, ( its easy and in no time at all you have new kit!)

In closing his kit is excellent and very very clever and he is dead easy to work with!

Hmm....

Peeps? Are you talking to those little yellow marshmallow things in shape of a chicken?
I never heard of "pay pal" but I do love using PayPal!

( its easy and in no time at all you have new kit!)
Did you mean (It is easy and in a short time, you have a new kit!)?

"he is dead easy to work with"

OH----when did he die?

Cheers
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 11:33, magicofCurtis wrote:

Hey Dave,
I have a few questions about the ordering process....

Quote:
On 2013-02-06 18:17, dave_matkin wrote:

Hmm....

Peeps? Are you talking to those little yellow marshmallow things in shape of a chicken?

No I'm not talking about the little yellow marshmallow things in the shape of a chicken. In the UK (I'm from the UK you know Smile ) 'peeps' is a slang word that can be used to mean 'people' in very informal situations. of course one would not want to use that word in 'proper' company (the queens for example, HRH and .

It was also used frequently in a great kids TV program called The Hoobs http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-hoobs

of course they took it further and had 'peep' (adults), 'Tiddlypeep' (child) and 'Squigglytiddlypeep' (baby).

Quote:

I never heard of "pay pal" but I do love using PayPal!

Did you have a question?

I'll pre-empt and say this, I'm on an iPad and it tends to auto correct, it didn't like PayPal, unless I take extra time to force it to put the caps in and not add a space.

I thought, apparently incorrectly, that the people reading posts on the Café had the intelligence to realise that I meant the global e-commerce business that was purchased by eBay on 03/10/2002 (the third day in the month of October, year two-thousand and two AD). But as I was wrong, I apologies and I will try to keep my posts more grammatically correct and try to always use business names as they appear on websites etc. Cunningly enough the iPad gets iPad, iPhone and iPod correct every time!

It's almost funny that these names actually break the conventions that you are 'pulling me up on'. Smile Smile Smile

Quote:

( its easy and in no time at all you have new kit!)
Did you mean (It is easy and in a short time, you have a new kit!)?

No I meant "it's easy and in no time at all you will have new kit!" Thanks for highlighting the missing apostrophe. "In no time at all" is a very common phrase over here - I would be prepared to bet that most people got the thrust of my written communication. Given that this is not a formal environment I tend to use text as I would talk to people if they were in the room with me. After all written text is merely a pictorial representation of the spoken word! The pictures being the graphemes!

And, again here in the UK at least, the word 'kit' is often substituted for the word equipment in less formal situations. Not sure how many Americans use that term but so far your the only person who asked about that phrase.

For the record none of the McColl items I have purchased are in 'kit form' so no one would have 'a new kit'

Quote:

"he is dead easy to work with"

OH----when did he die?

Cheers

Do the American people not use phrases like "dead easy" to mean something was very easy or 'dead simple' to mean that you are not very clever? Again I thought my meaning was clear, but apologies for not being more transparent in my written communication! I promise to be more considerate of people and, to use an American acronym, "KISS" that way people, like yourself, won't get confused in the future. But it's great that you feel you can come forward and ask for clarification, I believe that this is a basic right of everyone, regardless of ability (or lack there of), to ask for clarification!

If you would like me to provide some "quid pro quo" and 'nit pick' your posts for phraseology, ambiguity, grammar and spelling I can do that (there are numerous opportunities, probably nearly as many as there in my posts Smile Smile Smile ). I can also provide that service for your website should you deem it necessary. Again a fee of £50 / hr will be levied for services rendered.

On a serious note, though, if anyone ever wants their website checked for 'accessibility' issues let me know! It's a topic that is very close to my heart!

what-o cheerio, toodle pip...... and regards

Dave
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Dead easy, and dead simple both mean a job that anyone could do, without training or high levels or intelligence. I think the U.S. and U.K. probably have that in common.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I kinda thunked they diddlee do did dune meaned the same kinda thing.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sorry I mean ..... I thought those phrases conveyed similar meanings on both sides of the Atlantic.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Dave_matkin

I just posted this, because you like to pick on others about typo's and misspellings. Yes, message boards are loaded with mistakes.

Whats good for the goose is good for gander! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
What no ton go links?

I'm pretty sure that when I point out typos etc I'm excited that I spotted them and I make that point. Also I let slide WAY MORE than I comment on..... the ones that make me smile I may say somethimg. As I often point out (as in my response to your "questions") my posts often have SPELLING mistakes and typos. But at least my target words aren't often just blatantly wrong.

I am more than happy for you start a thread and list ALL of my spelling, typing errors and places where I missed 'auto corrections' that were wrong.

I promise to not point out any spelling errors from now on.

Just one question....... Why choose a post from the start of Feb?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Dave,

It is not a big deal. I think you are reading into it too much. I just randomly picked a post that I recall you had mistakes! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 19:10, magicofCurtis wrote:
Dave,

It is not a big deal. I think you are reading into it too much. I just randomly picked a post that I recall you had mistakes! Smile

magicofCurtis........... Oh..... No, it's too tempting.... Must resist...... mustn't pick on people..... Bad English...... Not their fault... Builtin boards full of mistakes..... And Butterfly shrimps too.......must...... No ...... Can't...... Quick apply app....... Oh look squirrel!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
And now we know that Curtis thinks he's a gander...
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
See Dave,

I think it is funny, you don't like it when people point out your mistakes, but you love doing it to others....

In the US we call the bullying or being two faced! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I really don't mind, honest I don't. I mean feel free to say I do, but you will be wrong! After all you are not qualified to tell me or others what I like and don't. Like I said sometimes mistakes make me laugh and I like to share things that make laugh. I don't share everything that makes me laugh, just some.

I have to admit though that if I point out a mistake I at least read my post carefully!

But lets put our cards on the table here. My final post to you .......

So I'm a dyslexic, two faced (you're using two faced to mean something different to what we mean by it over here) bully. What is our excuse / reason for your poor written communication? I'm not just talking posts on a discussion forum but web site and media releases too (the important stuff).

It's the final one 'cus your always right! You need the last word, you know best and are all knowing in everything you do and say (of course that's just how you come over in all you do and say and you will no doubt tell me I'm wrong!).

Harley interesting choice. A&E me laugh, even if you didn't mean to be funny! Smile Smile

TA TA cheerio! Bottoms up and all that!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Dead simple has several meanings,,,one of them could be refered to as a pleb !!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Buying escape equipment...... Again.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL