The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Dye Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have to agree that Camirand Academy makes a very good and useable tube for 18-inch silks. Check it out at:

http://www.camirandmagic.com/

Look for item number Item number: AC-001.

Item number RT-036 will give you the dye tube and a booklet of Gary Ouelett’s routines.

In all it is a very good prop.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I seldom see magicians using diamond cut silks in dye tubes. Why not?

The 18" diamond cut silk will work in dye tubes designed for 12" square silks! They look like a 24" square silk and that is four times the size of a 12" square silk.

Another option for dye tubes made for 12" square silks is the 4"x36" streamer. It looks huge compared to a 12" square. It is also easier to read a message from a 3 foot streamer than a 12" square silk!

Another possibility with silks and dye tubes that I seldom see discussed is using Sharpie Pens on silks to make your very own personalized routines employing a dye tube. Take a shot at it! It costs close to nothing extra and really helps you deliver your own show!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Since you did your lecture at our club, several of the guys have done some great sharpie artwork on their silks.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Magic Ian,

Maybe we should have a "Sharpie on Silk" magic art show sometime?

I would love to see what others have done.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Bob,

Both Jay Scott Berry and the great Gen Grant use diamonds in their routines.

The 1st time I saw Grant's I said to myself that the 24" silk he used would not allow him to make the effect work. I finally paid attention and noticed that it was a 18" diamond.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I have always used a Morrissey tape dye tube for a sucker color change (Pat Page routine), but have just come across the Vernet Plastic one that is slightly egg shaped with a tube coming off of each end. I love the way it handles and I use 2 18 inch diamond cut silks, plus the plastic flesh color goes all the way through the whole tube so no paint to chip. I just ordered 3 more for the next fair season.
You might look into those.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Dye Tube (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL