The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Approach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Ok Jamie, you win, I ordered mine.. Can't wait for this as I want to begin in magic.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Coolio!! And I just picked up a box from the printers today...

Watch the unboxing here- fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OClHgv6DDFM
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

And for those of you who pick up a copy, I just did the gig (last night) that I mention in the final chapter!

Walk Around magic: make people laugh, send people wonder, make new friends, meet the most amazing people in the world, get paid, and then watch one of the greatest bands on earth! Booyah!!

With Sarah MacLachlan (as a band walks onto the stage behind us)

The band? The Red Hot Chili Peppers

After doing my 2 and a half hours, I was "off the clock" and told to just hang out and party. Amazing times at the front of the stage.

And, for all you new Workers out there, here's an interesting photo. Because the first hour and a half, I was performing magic on the shuttle. There was not enough parking near the house, so they had guests park at a nearby school and shuttled them in a Limo Bus to the party. It was the perfect place to make introductions, show some magic, and get to know everyone.

Amazing times. I can't wait for all of you to join me.

Your pal,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4295 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Put in an order for the draft copy Smile
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
I just took the plunge. The first 12 chapters were insightful and I believe this book will provide me with so many opportunities for reflection and will definitely help me improve in all areas of the art (if I put in the time of course).

Now, Jamie, I have to hope that your spell and grammar check was on the fritz so I can have plenty of opportunities to win your contest Smile

~ Nathan
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
811 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 20:17, BlueOwl wrote:
I just took the plunge. The first 12 chapters were insightful and I believe this book will provide me with so many opportunities for reflection and will definitely help me improve in all areas of the art (if I put in the time of course).

Now, Jamie, I have to hope that your spell and grammar check was on the fritz so I can have plenty of opportunities to win your contest Smile

~ Nathan

Ditto! Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
So, I had kinda lost track of this topic, (You changed the title, right?), and I was thinking, "I wonder when Jamie will be releasing that book he told us about. Seems like his goal was to finish it around now." So I got to looking and whoa! it's done and you're selling draft copies! Just put in my order for a draft copy! If I get lucky and it arrives before Magic Live! I'll bring it with me and have you sign it.

Good job Jamie! Can't wait.
Formless
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Formless
Way to go Jamie. Love your passion and your positive energy.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Thanks, guys!!!

And there is ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT to buy a draft copy! I am SO CLOSE to meeting my goal!!

http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2013/07/t......opy.html

So excited,

jamie
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5035 Posts

Profile of RNK
Finally was able to get a chance to read the first 50 pages Jamie so graciously shared with us for free. First I will say that this was very easy to read. Jamie has a great writing style that does not put you to sleep. The content was relative and solid in that if you are looking to discover how to enter the world of a paid magician this definitely would be a great place to start. Jamie lays out exercises, things to keep track of and great suggestions on his ideas and trick sets, from his own experiences, that have worked for him. The one chapter also lays out ideas on business cards which makes a lot of sense.

After reading this, I feel that the rest of the book should be a great resource and all will find something useful written in it as Jamie shares his real world experiences in the adventure of becoming a paid-professional magician.

Well Done Jamie!

RNK
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4295 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hey Jamie, are there any updates on when you ships these out?
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of amprice99
I just looked at his website and it states all orders will be shipped tomorrow.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4380 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I'm eagerly awaiting my copy of the full work to appear in my mailbox. So much so, I check it on an hourly basis.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
I cant wait to get this book. I wish it would arrive by Friday or Saturday so I could start reading it over the weekend. School will be starting soon and I will be back to reading all my nursing books again. Leaving me very little time for reading The Approach let alone performing magic in general Smile
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Thanks, gang!

This is super exciting! And I shipped out every single one of them this morning!

The only thing I ask is that we keep Chapter 32 (The Big Secret), well, a secret, lol. I personally think that, for Workers, this will really be an advantage that I've never seen before. What's funny is that it's in the picture (above) with Sarah Maclachlan.

And don't forget, for every 10 grammar and spelling mistakes you find, you'll get an entry into a contest to win any one of our products! Just send me an email ( SendWonder@gmail.com ) with the subject title "10".

Okay! Now we wait!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, lol.

jamie
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
Quote:
On 2013-08-08 13:42, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Thanks, gang!

This is super exciting! And I shipped out every single one of them this morning!

The only thing I ask is that we keep Chapter 32 (The Big Secret), well, a secret, lol. I personally think that, for Workers, this will really be an advantage that I've never seen before. What's funny is that it's in the picture (above) with Sarah Maclachlan.

And don't forget, for every 10 grammar and spelling mistakes you find, you'll get an entry into a contest to win any one of our products! Just send me an email ( SendWonder@gmail.com ) with the subject title "10".

Okay! Now we wait!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, lol.

jamie

I AGREE!!!!! I don't want to see the big secret out in public Smile
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
158 Posts

Profile of James927
I just received my book in the mail! (I live in Nor Calif.) So many chapters, so little hours in the weekend. No wonder it costs Jamie a bit to mail - pretty hefty!
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Is the big secret something to do with not wearing a vest under an open necked shirt? ;-)
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 18:23, James927 wrote:
I just received my book in the mail! (I live in Nor Calif.) So many chapters, so little hours in the weekend. No wonder it costs Jamie a bit to mail - pretty hefty!
I'm jealous James. Waiting here in IL Smile
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
158 Posts

Profile of James927
Hi Knobz1,

I must have lucked out with the mail routing on this one - hope you get yours tomorrow. At least you know, it'll be soon!
Have a fantastic week -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Approach (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL