The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Approach (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2013-12-02 13:02, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Hi mate, how long was delivery? Might get it as an xmas present to myself you see....

7 Days; Jamie sent out my book on 23/11/2013 and I received it 30/11/2013

Pretty speedy! Smile
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
And don't forget to submit your favourite chapter for a chance to win some product and $100! Yeeeeah!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#13
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
I ordered the book from penguin and got it in two days. Can't wait to read it.

Mike Kirby
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Kirby
A awesome book. I love it. It is a book that you will read multiple times. Very easy to read and it covers everything.
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I have read certain chapters before and after every gig I've had since I purchased it. It has helped me to prepare and improve for my shows.

I had a wedding gig last weekend and before the gig I read his chapter on weddings....it was spot on what to expect and I even used his little card trick on the bride and groom. It killed and they came away with a memorable gift from each other.
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I ordered this book tonight directly from Jamie! I asked him to sign it for me as well which he agreed too with pleasure! I have been into magic since I was 7...I am now 30...23 years old and only perform for friends and family, and the occasional stranger when I am out and about. My wife has been giving me the "bump" to get started performing for others....After reading these reviews, I feel this might be the bump I need to start my own show either it be a strolling gig or a closeup gig.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On 2014-02-19 18:18, Jmolomagic wrote:
I have read certain chapters before and after every gig I've had since I purchased it. It has helped me to prepare and improve for my shows.

Which chapter(s) do you find help put you in the right mindset before a gig?
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I have never read an entire book cover to cover in 1 day...but I did yesterday...I bought Jamie's book over the 19th, got it in the mail yesterday around noon...read the book over the course of the day...I can't wait to read it again. Jamie's writing style is impressive, and easy to understand...he wrote it like he is talking to you one on one, and leaves nothing out....The big secret...I would have never thought of that myself...its pretty good! I highly highly recommend this book to anyone looking to get gigs...Ive been in the art for 23 years just as a hobbyist. I feel I am 100% confident in my ability to actually go out and make some money for myself...after reading the book, I feel even more confident about going out and trying to get a few gigs...thats my plan for the summer...Again, buy this book..you won't be disappointed..

Dan
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
It's a good book. It's much shorter than I thought it would be. It is good, with a lot of information. But IMHO it's not worth $75. But I had the money to spend so I don't regret it or anything.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Not to derail the thread. But If you enjoyed this book, I would encourage you to purchase David Stone's book on similar subject matter.
Equally as good and information is invaluable. This was written before he released before his fantastic two dvds.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=44915
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Just wondering if anyone is finished with their copy and wishes it to go to a good home...
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, Bruce T wrote:
Just wondering if anyone is finished with their copy and wishes it to go to a good home...

Hope you find a copy soon. Just thought I'd mention that Jamie made it available as PDF not too long ago. I still prefer physical books when possible, but in case you're interested in the content and can't find a copy, you can get the ebook from Jamie.
https://www.sendwonder.com/collections/a......sion-pdf
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Orlan:
Appreciate the information. If no one will, part with their copy then I'll go the PDF route
Thank you.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Its interesting to see that all of his physical items have been Sold Out for years actually. He stopped doing the Best of the year vote and handed that off to someone else too. Is he leaving that part of his magic life behind?
FlorianHeller
View Profile
Regular user
Bonn, Germany
200 Posts

Profile of FlorianHeller
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2021, Orlan wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, Bruce T wrote:

Hope you find a copy soon. Just thought I'd mention that Jamie made it available as PDF not too long ago. I still prefer physical books when possible, but in case you're interested in the content and can't find a copy, you can get the ebook from Jamie.
https://www.sendwonder.com/collections/a......sion-pdf

Unfortunately even the ebook is "sold out"... Smile
Eeeeeeeet hop disparu !

www.florian-heller.com
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
I have this book, my copy is in great shape. Always wanted Industrial Revelation, waited to long to buy. If anyone wants to trade maybe we can work something out? BTW- looking for the original IR in good shape, no knock-offs, no rust. Perfect working order.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
December 2022, he made a Facebook post that he had found some physical copies of The Approach and was selling them.
You can try sending him a DM on Facebook to see if he has any copies left.
FlorianHeller
View Profile
Regular user
Bonn, Germany
200 Posts

Profile of FlorianHeller
I sent him a message there. Will see if there's still a way to get an ebook copy, or maybe one of those left over physical ones...
Eeeeeeeet hop disparu !

www.florian-heller.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Approach (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL