The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Gimmicked - Gaff Coins and Dollar Bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Sorry if this has been asked half a million times before, you can PM me that's fine. But I have some gaffed dollar bills I would like to store flat. I was thinking like a pleather wallet - thing - but have not seen one in real life (just in my mind)

And also something to store folding quarters and scotch and soda sets.

All suggestions are welcomed - appreciated and will receive one complimentary.... um...

well at least one compliment.

"Thanks."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Having tackled this problem for many years. Here is my suggestion. Place the coins in a plastic freezer bag, because this is heavy plastic. Place the instructions in with the coin(s) This is best so you don't get the coins that are gimmicked mixed up with other gimmicked sets.

For the bills do the same thing, but place the bills between some stiff cardboard with the instructions.

There are magic and normal people wallets that carry bills without a fold. Look for Larry Jenning's, Mullica, and Kaps type wallets. These wallets require the wallet to be carried in the inside breast pocket of mens jacket. If you do not wear a jacket, then forget about this type of wallet. At stores look for an Exuctive wallet, one model comes with a leather checkbook that like the Mullica Wallet. You could carry several gimmicked bills in this type of wallet.

http://www.magicmethodsonline.com/wallet.html

There are small specially designed leather carrying purses for gimmicked coins. I found them worthless. As if you were to take out this special case to get the coins, people would surely know there was something special about the coins.

There are some very nice small coin purses available that would work nicely.

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112102

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111626

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111625
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Check these out offered by Penguin Magic...less money!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=onosaka+coin+purse

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Yea, I'm not so much worried about travel, so much as I am where to put them in the suitcase when I store them at home. I do the plastic bag method now and all my instructions are stored in a binder in alphabetical order.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use small jewerly cases that have 1 inch square compartments
in them that are perfect for storing any coins.i have a cardboard
templet laying on top drawed in a grid patterm showing what coins
are in which compartment.it has a pouch in the lid I put the instructions
for the coins in and I also store bills there too.
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 15:26, DavidKenney wrote:
Yea, I'm not so much worried about travel, so much as I am where to put them in the suitcase when I store them at home. I do the plastic bag method now and all my instructions are stored in a binder in alphabetical order.

Yes, I use to do the binder thing as well. It is a bad idea, I found out. There is several reasons if you wish to resell your items at some point. Most 2nd hand dealers will not try to match instructions with props. They usually sell the binder of instructions and never give the sold tricks instructions to the buyers. Mainly they told me it is to much work to try and match hundreds of tricks and instructions. But today, most tricks come with DVDs, and that makes it worse to keep props and discs together.

All you do is have a container for the props you have taken out. Leave the instructions/DVDs in the plastic bags and mark the container "Tricks in use".

I believe Bowers comment proves my point, he has to mark the coins so he knows which is which.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
If I resell my items, I remove the instructions from the binder and seal both instruction and prop in a plastic zip lock. If I die and nobody is available to match instructions with props, my wife has orders to jettison the entire collection into space, or burn it in the fires of Mount Doom.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 16:17, bowers wrote:
I use small jewerly cases that have 1 inch square compartments
in them that are perfect for storing any coins.i have a cardboard
templet laying on top drawed in a grid patterm showing what coins
are in which compartment.it has a pouch in the lid I put the instructions
for the coins in and I also store bills there too.
todd

Can you upload a picture or provide links to said jewelry cases?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Gimmicked - Gaff Coins and Dollar Bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL