We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A place to vent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I'm starting this topic as a place to vent frustrations. Before posting, read the Café and forum rules. The last thing I want is for anyone's feelings to be hurt.

I'm gonna start by venting about David Blaine. I try to do magic around school and everyone's askin' me "Hey can you do that trick that David Blaine does where you get a card in a bottle?" or any other trick. I applaud him on his success and his technique is just flawless. (the best snap change I've ever seen). But I just wish people will realize that THERE'S MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES DAVID BLAINE!!! Smile Smile Smile
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I think that's actually a good thing. To me it means that what you're showing them gives them the idea that you can also do the Blaine stuff so you must be doing a good job. As far as venting I'll just say that I don't like all the Blaine bashing by magicians! (I don't mean the post above this one, I mean the other nasty ones) And while I'm at it, I don't like when certain areas of Miami flood because my car is very close to the ground!

Anabelle Smile
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
People who stand in the middle of the escalator, not sensitive to the fact that people behind them may want to walk past them really get on my nerve. So do non-driving putzes, those who appear to be operating a vehicle, but in fact are in their own little world.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Chris....come out to Orange County man.

Where I'm at there are so many elderly people (nothing wrong with that) it's just that some of them REALLY shouldn't be driving. Just yesterday my dad almost rearended this one guy. He was an old guy and he slammed on his brakes....AT A GREEN LIGHT! No reason...then he stopped. He was trying to get into the left hand turn lane (which had a bunch of cars) so he could get into a shopping area.

Well after about 15 seconds of him sitting there trying to get over to the left hand turn lane (which was still full of cars and had a red light) he decided to finally go down the road 10 seconds and get into the other left hand turn lane.

Chris
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I can't stand when the cashier at a store wants to discuss your purchase with you. As if you buying the same item they have once bought makes you long lost cousins. "Oh wow! You use toilet paper too?!"
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Smile Smile Smile
too true, too true! With magic though, what I REALLY HATE Smile Smile Smile

is when you are in the middle of the trick and you just happen to get the one guy who spends all of his free time trying to see how the trick is done. not to perform it, no,... only to make one very angry.
"okay, now put the card in the middle
You're just gonna do a double undercut and bring it to the top!
All right smart guy, then let's see you levitate!!!"

burns me up!

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I've had my fill of people and companies who don't pay their bill.

Man, that burns me up.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2003-11-16 21:44, Chris Boyd wrote:
People who stand in the middle of the escalator, not sensitive to the fact that people behind them may want to walk past them really get on my nerve. So do non-driving putzes, those who appear to be operating a vehicle, but in fact are in their own little world.

My pet peeve! Most people should not be behind the wheel of an automobile to start off, then to make things worse they talk on their cell phones as if it was a given right. I have the misfortune of having to be stuck in the evening commute were I live.

Everyday and I mean EVERYDAY you have some amateur with 75 car lengths in-between them and the next car, I’m stuck behind them looking at the green light up in the distance, do we end up making the green light? Nooooooo.

Diamond lanes, I don't understand them , who put their stamp of approval on this one? I know lets spend millions upon millions of dollars clogging up the freeways to build them then when their complete and people need to use them the most they can’t.

The whole premise behind them was to force people to commute and cut down on pollution and gas consumption. What was the result? The vast majority do not use them and now we have more people in stop and go traffic using more gasoline, instead of opening the lanes and allowing traffic to flow smoother.

So what do they do? Build more and more of them. Oh well, it appears hydrogen vehicles are going to win out and with any luck the diamond lanes will go the way via the dinosaurs.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Quote:
with any luck the diamond lanes will go the way via the dinosaurs.

That's what I was saying in the 1970s when diamond lanes first appeared.

What year is this now?

Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Would it be bad ventriloquism to use someone elses child and pretend they are supposed to be saying other things?

Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
No, I think that is perfectly fine. By the way, I think Blaine is just popular, you certainly had a bad day the day you wrote that ay?
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Oh, I don't know if the two of you have met...

blindbo, meet boblinds.

boblinds, this is blindbo.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Yeah, happened three times that day. he just gets a lot of media coverage. "hey I saw that Blaine guy do x, y, and z!!!" that's very nice, but you agreed to see ME right now...

Not a bad thing but annoying is when people want too show ME a trick and they show me the 21 card trick.

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Since the topic of driving has arisen, here is a few things that really irritate me (irritate is an acceptable adjective, I think).
Four way stop sign intersections !!! Here is what I observe and it drives me nuts...
Sometimes people are obviously sitting there before you arrive. But do they go ??? NOOOOO, they sit there to make sure you stop before they proceed in their own perception of safety.
Then there are others who stop 10 feet or more BEFORE the crosswalk lines as if they arrived before you. It's like they are saying with their actions, see I am here first, now I can go in front of you.
Then there are people at a four way stop who intend to turn left but do they use their darned signal ??? OF COURSE NOT ! That might mean they would have to put their hairbrush, cell phone or make-up kit down.
Those are a few things driving related that really get under my skin. Normally I am a very mellow and laid back type of person... really
Another topic that I will take a few more bytes to relate here, since this is THE place for venting...
What is with the washrooms these days ?
I mean you got toilets flushing by themselves (what if you want to do a courtesy flush?). You got to stand up and move around or something, what's up with that?? You got water spouting out of faucets for pre-determined lengths of time. And recently I have seen paper towel dispensers that issue your little piece of paper automatically! I think the automated electronic everything craze is about to spin out of control here. Whats next ??? Dare I mention it?
I only hope they don't tell me how much toilet paper I get or give me a shot of water when or where I don't want it. You know what I mean???

Peace out my friends

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
I have to agree Driving is probably ne of the most irritating things around
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Then you don't want to see me on the road. I just go t my permit.
Here in Texas, we do a graduated licensing program. You are eligible for a driving permit at the age of 15 with parental consent. With the permit, you may only drive with a licensed operater over 21 in the front seat. After holding the permit for 6 months, you are eligible for a provicional license. with this license, you may drive alone (no passngers), drive with passengers if you have a licensed operator in the front seat over 21. You may not drive after dark without the licensed operatro yada, yada, yada. Then, I forget if it's after 18 or after six months of the provisional that you get the full license.
(whew) to get the permit, you also need certified classroom instruction (a parent with the right forms works too).

but yes, Here in San Antonio, it's not the I got here first, but "you go first, no you go first, no I insist you go first, you know what..." then they both try to go at the same time and then they need to call a cop out to the wreck.
I live in a fun town.! Smile

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I'm sick of cats !!!
I have grown up with them and been around them almost as long as I remember. I like them really and I have always loved cats. But I need a break!! And now my kids have some and love them and all that. But I am fed up, I just want them ALL GONE !
We have 5 of these creatures sharing our house and yard, etc. And every one of them is weird or has some kind of problem. I want to take them on a one way drive, but I just can't do that. Plus I might get fined or arrested if one of the abandoned cats made it to the police department and turned me in. So I am stuck. At least I have this place to just for once let it out and "vent" a little !
Thanks guys, and especially to Penguin for starting this whole topic!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
youngdanf
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of youngdanf
People who don't signal when driving bug me. Really, how hard is it to just switch your blinker on? Are we really this lazy?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Why is it that after they start naming cats after a place, the name changes?

pursia, siam, prussia ??

not much of a cat fancier here either
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2003-11-17 20:38, blindbo wrote:
I've had my fill of people and companies who don't pay their bill.
Man, that burns me up.

Blindbo,

I just fired my shrink as I figured out what the TRUE source of my problem is. Lot happier now eventhough I still can't draw blood from a stone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A place to vent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL