The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Deepastonishment.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yendor
View Profile
New user
Yendor
60 Posts

Profile of yendor
Due to some problems with our web hosting company the "DEEP ASTONISHMENT" web site has been up and down several times over the past couple of months. These problems have been resolved and the site is back up. We will be adding new tips to the "TIPS" page in the next couple of weeks. We will also have tips for "Paul Harris' LipSmacker" and info on our newest offering, "Paul Harris' The One & Only". Please visit http://www.deepastonishment.com soon.
flea
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of flea
Glad to hear it. I am a huge fan Deep Astonishment. Not once in the scores upon scores of times I have performed it has it failed to completely BLOW PEOPLE AWAY!

Even people who normally don't have big reactions when they see magic respond to Deep Astonishment. I believe that this is easily the best buy in all of close-up magic. Whether I'm doing close-up or parlor, this is a must do effect for me.

Curtis
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Thank goodness you’re back up! I have tried to access the site dozens of times over the past few months and never got on. I simply gave up believing that the web site was simply done away with. Good to hear that it’s up and running.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Can anyone sum up the effect of deep astonishment in one sentence?

Euan Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
In one sentence?

OK, here goes…

A spectator cuts a deck to a card, remembers the card,then thinks of a magic word, which is used to find the “mate” of the selected card, upon which a wallet is opened and a number of cards are found therein with the letters of the thought of magic word on their back.

Ok it was a run on sentence but one sentence nevertheless!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
Paul Harris has some awesome magic. Did he invent all this stuff or is it just other pieces of magic he has added to or changed to suit his need?

Well that's another topic! It is hard to think one person could come up with so much great magic! But then again the Beatles came up with all their music. Maybe this guys like a magic beatle... Smile

Hope you know that's a compliment Paul! Wow! is all I can say. I love all the items I have purchased from this brother. Can't wait for his next hit Smile I mean trick! Smile <- me Paul Harris-on on the mic!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I recall a couple of visitors to the magictalk.com site who had just seen Harris perform at the Magic Castle. Needless to say, they talked about DA for a couple of hours. Paul then visited a couple of days later and I complemented him on the deeply astonished impressions and reviews.

Mona Santow of the Linking Ring has known him for years and says he's one of the kindest and brightest minds she's known.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Mona's the best ever! She has always helped me out greatly. Im really thinking about getting this it sounds killer!

Michal Mystic
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
It's not very direct is it? Why not just get them to think of a word and then show that the cards in your wallet form that word?

Euan Smile
Zeftron
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Zeftron
Yeah, but you are setting them up to think that you are going to use that word to reveal their card, not that the cards are going to have their word written on them.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2003, yendor wrote:
We will be adding new tips to the "TIPS" page in the next couple of weeks. We will also have tips for "Paul Harris' LipSmacker" and info on our newest offering, "Paul Harris' The One & Only". Please visit http://www.deepastonishment.com soon.

Did anyone happen to save all the Astonishing Tips? I have 1-30, but I am missing 31-40.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Deepastonishment.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL