We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free Trick Giveaway - SCISP is Released! Free Download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Thank you very much Zack for sharing with us this great idea.

THANK YOU

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Logan. Thanks a lot for your comments.

Well I hope one minor point of my method is clear. When the "card" is put into the spec's pocket, at that point it's only signed by him on the back. Then the magician signs it on the face after it is brought out and before the effect in the middle is performed. And you are right Logan, you can't do an Ambitious card in the middle, but you can do amd Invisible Palm routine, which I think makes perfect sense. First you are exposing the palming technique, and then the Invisible palming technique. (yeah!? Smile ) There is even more sense to the why you are exposing the palming technique.

So, let's recap. After the card is brought out from the pocket, the magi signs it as well and gives it to the spec as a souvenir. He then goes into an Invisible Palm Aces routine and at the end he finishes with the spec's card and while in invisible form it is handed to the spectator to place into his pocket. I think this last part would be great, that is when the spec puts it in his pocket and immediately feels the card materialize in his pocket and all the routine is around the "exposure" of techniques used by magicians/cheaters. Jay Sankey has ways to do the tent vanish or the rub away vanish face up. That way it doesn't matter if the card is signed on the back, because after the vanish the top card would be a normal card. It would be more convincing.

So, Logan, it looks like you will have some guinea pigs coming to your house to test this on. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1363 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I just performed this last night and even though I made a mistake, it still worked beautifully. What I did was had them sign the card.. then I did a few ambitious card moves, and a side steal, and pulled it from my pocket. Then I offered to teach them how I did that trick, and went into the SCISP routine. However I must have done something wrong, or else she followed my instructions incorrectly, because when she came out with the card, she had her real card, and the duplicate was still in her pocket! I decided I would press on with the trick anyway.

I then told them, that I would show them the more advanced palming technique, the invisible palm.. and I proceeded to do Aaron Fisher's bicycle thief routine. Then I offered to teach her to that as well. So I put her card on top.. This actually worked out well, because I could display the card openly, as opposed to only flashing the face. I proceeded to "invisible palm it" (really I just did a basic color change. and handed her the invisible card, and told her to place it in her pocket. When she felt the really card.. I got the pay off I was hoping for! She was so freaked out, she didn't bother to look closely at the card! I was just thanking my lucky stars for that. when she handed it back to me I switched it so I could show it around freely.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Great work Geoff!!
Yours,

Ivan
placebo
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of placebo
Hey Zach, how's Slo-Mo coming along?
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Hey everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I got back late last night from a trip to Las Vegas, and due to jet lag I'm still feeling a bit off. I had a great time out there,though - met up with Bob Kohler and Allan Ackerman (the guy is a GOD with cards) and it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, once I recover from all this jet lag (on top of that, I've had a cold all week as well) I'll finish putting Slo-Mo together, and it should be out within a few days, unless this cold takes a turn for the worse.

Glad to hear that everyone is still have fun and mainly sucess with SCISP.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
Cool. Hope you feel better soon. Hope everyone here had a happy Thanksgiving and thanks again for this really great offer.
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Thanks a lot for sharing your magic with us Smile
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Slo-Mo has been released. Check the separate topic for details.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
I was thinking about what to do between load & revealation and had this idea:
Why not run with the palming demo? This plays like the original SCISP (no extra signatures or anything) Before you start have an extra random card in your R pocket. After they load the card, take the dupe back and do Francis Carlyle's Homing Card routine: lost in the deck (ctrl to top), snap, "Did you see me palm it in just then?" then openly pull card out of pocket -- glance, say something akin to "Yeah, your card," then put it back in the pocket -- people want the proof, so on that offbeat (when you get a chuckle) you actually palm the card in and pull it out & show it (covering most of the sig).

Then you say, "You didn't see this card fly out of the deck into the pocket when I snapped?" and demonstrate just that, when the card is briefly in your pocket out of sight, switch it for extra card which you bring out (show back only) and put in the middle of the deck. "Try to catch me now..." shuffle then snap: "It's done!" Very slowly & openly pull the card out of your pocket & show it (again covering most of the sig). Put it in the deck, shuffle, snap again: "But it didn't go to *my* pocket this time..." The spec checks his/her pocket and voila!

This idea gives a reason to expose palming, but does explaining it first kill your ability to palm the card in, or is the built-in offbeat enough? (I've done much in the past on that one offbeat...) You only actually have to palm once.

I will try this at my first opportunity.

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Zach:

SCISP is way cool, devious and sneaky. What else can you ask for in a trick?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Zach:

Great idea, I definetly love it. Following in the ways of Logan I have come up with another convincer which may be overkill but I feel greatly increases the spectators thinking that the duplicate is their card. While this mainly still follows the instructions per SCISP there are some minor changes. First off, start with Zachs new combo idea, where the "real" card should have your sig. on back already and soon the spec, second from the top. However, this card should be OPPOSITE color then the deck (i.e. red if you are using a blue deck). The card above this, the top card of the deck, can be any card and does NOT have to be the dupe unless you want to flash the face. Additionally, take a card from a different colored deck, sign the back, and place this on the bottom of your deck. Proceed as per SCISP, having the spec. load the real card into their pocket while they take out the non needed card. Take this card back, sign it, and switch it for the red one, causing a color change. There are numerous ways to do this and I would type up a few now if not for two finals tommorow. I then proceed into an Ambitious Card routine or whatever suits your preference. Now proceed as per SCISP but now the spectator will have his signed, the magician signed, RED backed card in his pocket, despite the blue deck!
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Excellent marketing Zach!
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
726 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Hi Zach,

I just found a routine very similar to yours. It is Friedhoffer's "Card in Spectator's Pocket." The routine appeared in Steven Schneiderman's RUMINATIONS, Vol. 1, No. 3, Sep. 1986.

Friedhoffer's effect is the alternate routine you describe last in your manuscript. It is a combination of the "no risk" method, and the method you describe that uses no signed duplicate:

You place an indifferent card and the signed selection into the spectator's breast pocket, then remove the indifferent card and decide to lose it into the deck. The selection is later found in the spectator's pocket. This article also mentions that it could be used for the Ambitious Card routine.

I just thought you'd like to know. Your exact routine, as far as I know, belongs to you.

You can PM me or email me if you'd like some more information about the article.

Cameron
roatc@comcast.net
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Hey Zach,
Another idea based on Logan's *first* idea:

Use a red deck to start, force the card and have it signed. Do a trick/routine using that card, then in the end as Logan suggested you sign the back apparently as a souvenir. Hand that card to the spec and when they take it put your deck back in its box and in your pocket. Tell them you'd like to show them about Vegas cheating but want a contrasting deck to really show it off...blahblahblah. Pull out a blue deck which is loaded with the duplicate red-backed presigned-on-both-sides card on bottom. Put the original red card on top of this blue deck (having just gotten it back from the spec), then start by showing them how you can cut to any card:

Cut the deck once holding a pinky break above the original bottom card (the extra red card). Show the deck from the front and left side, riffle the front to show "no breaks" (haha). Then just cut the deck at the break -- the 2 red cards go to the top. Wow. ;P
Now you can proceed with SCISP, and after the card is loaded perhaps do the Card To The Pocket I mentioned earlier, or something that looks like palming but doesn't actually use it (Invisible Palming Aces was suggested).

Slight annoyance with this version is that you'll need TWO of the same red-backed cards.

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Free Trick Giveaway - SCISP is Released! Free Download (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL