We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Wrinkled silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Just bought a cheap steamer from K-mart. Now I don't have to iron the silks anymore...just hold them up and steam out the wrinkles...it works on vests, shirts and slacks as well....saves on cleaning and pressing...highly recommended.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mystic Mickey,

It sounds like magic! This old road warrior's method used to be wetting the silks and sticking them to the hotel mirror. When they dried and peeled off, they were flat.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I get them wet and squeeze the extra water out (but don't twist them) and then press them between paper towels. Works nicely.
Daniel Faith
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mystic Mickey,

I still like your steamer idea for other things like curtains too. Sometimes they just won't drape the way I need them to. So I am headed to WalMart to play Santa to me. Thanks for the idea.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
That steamer is a great idea! I'll dig mine out right away.

I'll also mention my method of storing silks. I acquired a number of those plastic pants hangers like they use at the outlets (I live near Reading, PA); they occasionly have a box of them available for the taking. Just clip several silks into each and hang 'em up. No wrinkles and ready to go.

Dwight Powell
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I keep my silks in labeled Ziploc bags by size and color and then keep the bags in Rubber Maid type sweater boxes. After forty-two years of magic, it gets to be a lot of silks.

Harold Rice recommended saving the cores from paper towels and wrapping paper and using them to roll up silks.

However you do it, wrinkled silks don't last as long as flat silks and they certainly cost money. When I started magic in 19XX, 18" silks cost me twelve cents each. Things have changed!

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Wrinkled silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL