The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Lookout Wallet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
johndamen
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Thanks Paul & Mark, much appreciate the replys...Im convinced Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I would like to add my comments as well (although I've seen a prototype before) but my mail lets me down... sometimes it seems that it takes ages for a parcel to make its way to Germany. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Just made a thread so we can post ideas about this gem.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=82&0
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Good idea Vincent...there are a lot of subtle touches to be used with this, I'll post some thoughts in your new thread soon.

Thanks!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooown?!
I've asked to be banned
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Still unsure if brown will happen...will let you know!

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this, and I believe this is the best business card holder and peek ever! Love it.

I haven't seen the DVD yet, so I'm anxious to see

Really nice work, Paul.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just reviewed the DVD and I think both the wallet and the handlings are tremendous!
KJ
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I am pleased to report that mine is fully broken in and in use. I will be using this regularly.....highly recommended.

I do find it closes best with 10-15 business cards in the pocket. I guess too , it depends on the thickness of the cards as mine are medium thick.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I finally got my hands on one of these... and had a chance to practice, and perform a little with it.

The trouble Paul has gone to with the manufacturer to ensure a quality product really shows. The DVD teaches everything you need to know... the wallet looks and feels lovely and, of course, provides a great peek.

I would also like to echo the sentiments of others with regards to Pauls top notch customer service.. Super fast shipping (even to Australia) as well as always making himself available to answer questions.

REALLY nice, Paul. Thank you, and Well done.
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
BEST. PURCHASE. OF. THE. YEAR!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks KJ, Paul, alligator and magicus! Glad you're all liking this!

My friend Tony Razzano posted this review on another forum, and said I could share it here:

I have heard some people say that I never met a wallet I didn’t like. Not true as there are several that I don’t like, but Paul Carnazzo’s Lookout Wallet (LW) is not one of them. I have been using this for about a month now, and I really like it.

It is really a business card case and not an everyday wallet. I have 40 business cards inside of mine. Yes, yes, I know, you don’t need that many, and you are right, you don’t, but more on that later.
This is a card case with no slits. Also, you need not open the wallet again to get the peek and the spec can handle it to a large degree. And you get a full card peek.

With the LW, the spec draws/writes on one of your business cards and the spec puts the card in the case and closes it. Not you. I usually ask the spec to open the case once more and take out one of my business cards, hand it to me and have her close the wallet again. I take the wallet, get the peek and voila! The mastermind has pulled off a miracle. Yes, the spec can handle the case that much. She can even remove her card at the end if you wish, but there is really no need for that.

The case, with 40 of my business cards in it, measures 4x3x1. You can narrow that one inch down by using fewer cards in the case. The case is made of excellent quality black leather. Brown might be available soon, but Paul isn’t sure yet. Oh, by the way, open the case is 4x6x1. Sounds a bit big. It is thicker than most cases, but that does not seem to take away from the effect or cause any suspicion. It’s my business card case, plain and simple. I haven’t been questioned by laymen. Of course, mentalists and magicians who are looking for something from the get go have commented, but having them handle the case in the routine and seeing that many cards in the case usually allays the suspicion, at least to a degree. But the general public simply accepts it without question. Some of you worry too much.

The case comes with about a 40 minute DVD with handling tips, routines and, of course, the method. Angles are good from 3 sides. The only poor angle is to your left, but that’s really easy to cover. There is a particular way to hold the case in order to get the peek (and there is an alternate method, too) and this technique blocks everything from the right side and also facilitates the peek. The case itself covers from the front and your body covers from the back.

Now, after practicing in front of the mirror, I suggest that you angle the left side just a bit or the gimmick might be noticed. Do this in front of a mirror a few times and you will easily be able to tell how much. It’s just a little bit and tales nothing away from the method/routine.

OK,the case does need to be broken in for it to work with more than about a dozen cards in it. Put the 30 or 40 cards into it, put a couple of rubber bands around it and put it aside for a few days. I remember, and so, probably do some of you, breaking in a leather baseball glove as a kid. We used to put 2 baseballs in it and put a few big rubber bands around the whole thing and put it aside for a few days. Be patient. In my opinion, it's worth it.

There is an alternate method , not on the DVD, but suggested by Iain and it isn’t mine to give away. Check with him.

Now let me be clear…you do open it a bit but no one sees it and you close it up immediately. To the spec and all watching, you never re opened the wallet. It is very deceptive.

This has become my peek wallet of choice. There are a lot of good peek wallets out there, but in my opinion, this is the best. It is always with me.
You can get it from YFD. Or you can get it from Paul directly at:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/TheLookout.htm

For $59.95, I think it’s a bargain. Highly recommended!

(END)

Thanks Tony! Glad you like it!

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Paul,

Save two of these for me. I will get them from you at Mindvention. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Jamie,

I should have a few with me at Mindvention...see you then!

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is the peek in your upcoming annihilation wallet the same. I ask because I'm holding out buying this until the wallet is released.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 15:40, takeachance wrote:
Is the peek in your upcoming annihilation wallet the same. I ask because I'm holding out buying this until the wallet is released.

Thanks for the interest!

The Annihilation wallet's peek is completely different.

DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
I've never really been a fan of P@@k wallets because I think I have more organic ways of getting the job done.

That being said, I've been carrying this little bad boy around lately and the reactions I get have made me a convert.

I don't just do a simple drawing duplication effect, I build it into a story...but I will say that this little guy leaves them flummoxed. Great production value and great product. And the fact that it does all the work for me allows me to focus my attention to the more important (presentational) aspects of the effect.

Job well done. I love my Lookout Wallet.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for chiming in Don! Glad you're happy with the Lookout!

mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Paul:

I just watched the video for the Annihilation Wallet, and it looks like you have another winner on your hands!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-12-04 11:37, mindhunter wrote:
Paul:

I just watched the video for the Annihilation Wallet, and it looks like you have another winner on your hands!

Bryn

Thanks Bryn!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Lookout Wallet (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL