The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What updates do my new website need? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What areas need updates on my website? http://dynamikemagic.com/
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
No suggestions to offer. It is a top class site, easy to navigate, clear and concise. Well done. Very professional - I would hire an entertainer based on that.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Dynamike,
Looks like a fun site, it looks like you've put in a lot of work, here are a few suggestions:

Way too busy with SEO keyword stuffing. The text is very, very badly written because you're focusing so much on stuffing keywords in there.

Examples: "Your Wayne County event is honored by Dynamike’s...." and "Michigan Master Magician, Dynamike" - not to mention the terrible, very awkward list of cities and counties on your home page. Why does a client need to see that? How does that help them plan a better event? Same with the links to you other websites. Why does a client need links to a website that has the exact same info from this site, SEO-optimized for a specific county?

Remember, the client doesn't care about SEO, they care about what you are going to DO FOR THEM. In the short time I visited your page as a "potential client", I had a hard time finding specific benefits you offered that made staying on your site worth it.

- No home page link (did I miss it? I couldn't find any link back to home. That may be what you wanted

- Spelling and grammar issues (please proofread the text!)

In my opinion, the thing you need most is to re-read the text on your website. You're trying to be too many things.

For example, you say "No matter the occasion – business meeting or commercial activity, Dynamike custom designs his performances to meet your needs."

If you're trying to market to "business meeting" planners, your website with stars and birthday balloons won't cut it. Does that make sense? If you're trying to market to birthday moms, then you have a good design.

Decide what market you want to cater to, and then create a website that expresses how YOU can best help solve their problems.

Best Wishes,
Kevin
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1187 Posts

Profile of danfreed
It looks really good. I'd only say that you might want to fiddle around with the font choice and maybe increase the font size for most of the text. To me (and keep in mind I have bad eyesight)it's a little hard to read.
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
Dynamike,

Actually, you have a great site and your promo video is excellent!

I know, because Matthew and I were just checking it out recently!

We had a very difficult customer from Michigan call us, wanting to book. She then began making outrageous demands and soon became so obnoxious that she was not worth our trouble. This was especially true since we would have had a 7 hour round trip from Ohio to her venue.

Matthew jokingly went to your site and said "Let's hook her up with Dynamike!" Smile I told him that I liked Dynamike too well to do that.

In fact I could not think of one Michigan performer that I disliked enough to give them this crazy lady to deal with!

~Nanci
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
This site is energetic and fun. Great job, buddy.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Very nice Mike! One suggestion would be to have your email address prominently displayed either throughout the site or on your contact page. Sometimes people don't want to fill out a form to get in touch with you.

I do tend to agree with dearwiseone about the seo. When I first visited the site I noticed on the home page a large paragraph of all the little cities and counties in the Michigan area and aesthetically it could be off-putting, BUT I know why you did it.

It's a delicate balance of seo, keywords, and a pretty website, but overall very nice!

Josh London
Josh
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I like the site. Don't see any problem with the keywords at the bottom of the home page - because no one's gonna read it! I admit I didn't read it - but this text should be highly informative, for those who do bother to read through.

Having a large catoon "logo" occupying most of your home page is counter-productive, in my opinion. Potential clients are presumably searching for a magician, so the cartoon does nothing to sell you over any other entertainer.

Why not include the logo - much reduced in size - in the header. That way it appears on every page, and adds a little colour. In the header, make sure you also include your phone number and email address if you want. And then you can put a good photo of yourself, along with a video, on the home page.

The way your site is laid out, visitors to the site are given many choices of where to go first, to find out more. Only a small percentage will immediately go to the "media" page to watch a vid. Yet, this is the strongest tool and selling point for any entertainer.

Having home page video is essential, as far as I'm concerned. Visitors will almost certainly start to watch a homepage vid, whereas if they have to navigate around to find one, many simply won't get that far.

The text would be much easier to read if all text is written in text boxes, white against black, or black against white, (Or other combinations of easy to read, contrasting colours). I'd also make the text larger for easier reading.

You could include loads more photos. The more the better.

If you look at my site: http://www.pottythepirate.com you'll see that there are hundreds of photos scattered amid the text. Many magicians don't like the "sprawling" nature of the site, but nevertheless, every page is full of photos and relevant information. It sells my shows, and keeps visitors on the site for longer. Clients find the site tells them all they need to know to make an informed decision about hiring me.

It's also a good idea to include short testimonials between other information - make these in a different font and/or colour, so that they stand out, and the reader quickly realises that these are comments from clients. Not many folks will bother to navigate specifically to a page to read testimonials.

Think of yourself as a busy mom, who's possibly visiting dozens of websites in search of what they're looking for.

Give them as much relevant information quickly, as you can. Don't ask them to read - show them! Pictures and videos on the homepage, by far the most important element, in my humble opinion.
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I really like it!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5967 Posts

Profile of motown
A few thoughts. Some of your headings are hard to read, because you compacted them so much. Referrals for instance.

You mentioned that you've performed in most of the cities in the Metro area, no need to list them all. Keep it short and sweet. Come up with something to draw people in.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of Kune
I found the red background rather too bright, but it might be because my monitor is too bright. The links in the link section don't seem to be working at the moment. Personally I'd leave the link to The Magic Café out, as there's no need for laymen to stumble upon a lot of the secrets posted here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What updates do my new website need? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL