The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The Digital Version of the March Issue of Genii is Now Live Online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Remember that all subscribers to Genii get the digital issue FREE, with supplemental audio and video that add to your reading experience.

For those viewing on desktop and laptop computers, the digital version of the March issue of Genii is now live (those with tablets--iPads, Kindle Fire, and Android--and smartphones will need to wait until tomorrow for the videos to be converted).

This issue we introduce a new monthly feature to our digital edition: “Face to Face with Genii,” a series of interviews conducted by my long-time friend, journalist Matthew Field. The subjects are stars in our world, and we begin with the inimitable Tom Stone.

This issue contains a video of my trip to the Columbus Magi-Fest with performances by John Guastaferro, Doug Conn, Scott Robinson, and Tony Change; audio columns from Max Maven and Jon Racherbaumer; video of Imam; and three videos of Danny Orleans.

On our cover this issue is my old friend Danny Orleans. Danny has branched out widely, working as both a kid’s magician, a very successful corporate magician, and also doing a two-person mindreading act with his lovely wife Jan. Jon Racherbaumer takes a rather unconventional look at Danny Orleans.

Jeff Scanlon has been making impossible bottles in the style of the late Harry Eng for several years and we’re pleased to feature an interesting look at the origin of his interest in this odd pastime, as well as allowing you to peruse his creations. The interest in the stuffing of things that should not be in bottles into bottles puzzles me, but it’s very popular and people collect them—I hope you find the article of interest.

Once doesn’t usually think of Jim Steinmeyer and “McDonald’s Aces” in the same moment, but this month in “Conjuring” Jim proves that you should, with a wonderful stand-up version of Hofzinser’s classic routine

Tom unloads two Stones this month in “Lodestones”—two fascinating effects. The second is a much easier version of MagoMigue’s “Card in Glass” which appeared in our issue (on DVD and digital form) last month.

Further exhuming treasures from the vault of Magic Man Examiner has led to a pretty *** swift card effect from Michael Weber—I know it would have fooled me badly if I’d seen him perform it before I read the explanation

Fans of Charles Schultz’s “Peanuts” will find an unlikely ally in Max Maven this month, as he predicts you’ll smile when you read “Lost Horizons”

In “Chamber of Secrets” John Gaughan talks about an antique Ball Vase with no gimmick—think about that before you read it

A new column debuts this month on the intersection of modern art with magic themes, written by art-book publisher Volker Huber

“Magicana” consists of a remembrance of Scotty York by Jon Racherbaumer and then, through the auspices of Bill Wells, four extremely fine routines of Scotty’s which he wrote for a 2003 lecture that was seen by only a small group. The material is very fine—worth this year’s subscription price, they could form the core of a working repertoire.

Jamy Ian Swiss remembers Imam, the great Indian magician who ran Mostly Magic in New York City for many years.

John Lovick reveals what he thinks of four books, Dustin Stinett slogged through a bunch of videos (but really likes the new thing by Carney), and David Regal reviews a bunch of Book Tests, among other fun things.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
I was wondering if Genii would consider putting the audio and video supplements on a DVD for the sake of those of us subscribers who find it hard to access the extras using iPad etc. those of us with limited budgets do not have iPads with huge storage space to download the multi media portions, and not all have access to super fast wireless connections.
It would be easier and more convenient to watch on a DVD (whether on a TV screen or computer) in conjunction with reading the hard copy of the magazine.
Just a thought. Thanks
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It's great there is some more writing from Jamy Ian Swiss.Eric Mead does an alright job but Jamy's book reviews were something else!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Paul, you can access the audio and video on any regular computer, desktop or laptop.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 13:11, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Paul, you can access the audio and video on any regular computer, desktop or laptop.

Thanks. Just discovered that. DUH!!
Btw, reason I asked was that I have a problem with the audio using genii app on my iPad. Not sure why but video plays but no sound. Probably just my ipad Smile

Happy with viewing on PC.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The Digital Version of the March Issue of Genii is Now Live Online (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL