The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cut and restored Strawberry laces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
The title pretty much says it all! I use the standard cut and restored rope routine but use a strawberry lace (a type of string shaped sweet if you didn't know) and get the spectator to bite it in the middle, showing two strands, then restore it with their magic kiss/blow.

I like to do impromptu stuff on my friends and strangers at bus stops, pubs etc, so getting out string and scissors would be a bit weird, but having a pack of strawberry laces is much more normal and the spectator can keep the strawberry lace too! It gets great reactions!

Anyone else heard of this being done - I'm kind of curious if I'm the first (I seriously doubt it).

Sometimes I do polo and strawberry lace tricks beforehand too in lieu of ring and shoelace tricks and it gives the whole routine a sweet theme.
SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
One word: YUM! I'm not sure if this exact trick exists, but of course the theory can be applied to any rope/simialr though!

I do like the fact that you have a sweet theme trick, why not try Candyman (http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk/acatalog/Candyman-by-The-Enchantment.html#SID=10) or Drgaon breath (http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk/acatalog/Dragon-Breath-by-Brian-Platt.html#SID=10)??
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Impromptu C&R effects are fun. In the old days I use to do a C&R with old video tape. Restore it with,"What would you expect, it's magnetic tape."
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Yuk! I wouldn't bite a candy help by a stranger, magician or not...

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cut and restored Strawberry laces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL