The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COMBUSTION - by Arron Jones (WizardFX Productions) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
LenaTom
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of LenaTom
Yes, there are several books "Chemical Magic".
Which is the right one?

This question was just posted, but nobody did answer: The prepared match (I think you have to prepare one), how long can it be prepared before? Can I prepare a lot of matches for example for the next 100 times I will use them and use them within a year? Or do they have to be prepared a small time (only 1 or 2 ours) before the "show"?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Squando,

Hi. I ordered the Leonard Ford book thinking this might be the one, if not, it still looks interesting.

Is the Leonard Ford book "the one"?

Thx.

KJ.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I think it is the classic, but don't know the others.
Frank
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8984 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 13:47, IAIN wrote:
And I'd love a refund...but not asked yet...

Good luck Iain. WPR like most other magic shops operate on the old chestnut "but you paid for the secret" BS.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 13:50, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 13:47, IAIN wrote:
And I'd love a refund...but not asked yet...

Good luck Iain. WPR like most other magic shops operate on the old chestnut "but you paid for the secret" BS.

"you paid for the secret" is from the old days when shops sold junk. It's a hangover from the past. If I was sold something dangerous/misleading and a shop wouldn't take it back, I'd never shop there again.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of Havens
I kinda disagree that if you don't like the effect or can't use it you should get a refund, it's kind of the nature of the beast. If you're unhappy with it maybe treat it as widening your knowledge, then flog it on eBay. Just a suggestion but it's how I've learned to look at purchases I've been disappointed with.

One question, the effect doesn't come with TV rights & I was wondering which part of the effect this covers, is it the secret, the application or both?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2575 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
T.V. right?? If your going to sell something for everybody then you should have all the t.V. rights you want. If someone would to perform this on T.V. there would be nothing they good do. Would not stand up in court.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Don't buy this if you live in Canada The chemical almost impossible to find...
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I guess you can prepare a lot of matches and a long time before the show, BUT during (or just before) presentation you have to put on some chemicals to make the final ‘combusting mix’. At that point the time starts to run down to the moment of combustion…

My question to someone who owns this:

1. Am I right? And if I am, how long do I have from the moment I made the final mix?

2. Do they give tips on how to transport and how to apply the chemicals easily AND SAFE?

John
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
One more question:

I really think combusting a normal UNLIT match is a MUCH better demonstration. At least this is how I would prefer to do it. Just take a match and light it by pure concentration!

A drawback would be if the match would light to fast, that's why my question number 1 (above) is so important.

I guess the chemicals will color the tip of the match (dark or black), and that’s why they integrated the already lit match to the routine. Witch for me is a step back. Maybe more magical, but less mental. Also an already lit match should not make the sound a new match does. Everybody knows the sound is from the chemicals that are only on a normal new unlit match. But the striking material is already gone, so this does not make sense!!!

So my question is:

3. Do I have to paint the match to look like a normal match?
And is there anyone that has tried this with good results? (Please let me know)

John
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
There has been no real review of this ...other than by a retailer. Anyone willing to share?
Frank
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I did order it, and I will do a review after I have used it...
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
BTW I hope I can get the chemicals easily...

Anyone in the Ntherlands that could find them?
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2013-04-01 19:39, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Appreciate that. I'm particularly interested in whether or not you can duplicate (reliably) what is shown in the demo. Information about limitations also welcomed.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Same boat as you Dr Eamon.

Watched the DVD but not really tried sourcing the stuff.

Steve
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
@Steve

If you did find them, I hope you let me know. I will send prove of oening the DVD (that will receive in about a week...)
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2013-04-02 13:30, writeall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-01 19:39, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Appreciate that. I'm particularly interested in whether or not you can duplicate (reliably) what is shown in the demo. Information about limitations also welcomed.

I will answer all questions I had myself in my posts above. And it will be an honest review, not sparing the developers/producers in any way (like many do Smile ), but naturally I will also give my complements if things are positive.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Well, I'm starting to think I blew my cash. Just received by DVD of Combustion and living in Australia, if it involved hard or impossible to source chemicals (everything is impossible to source over here) then I think I just bought a $30 frisbee. Tempted to not open it and send it back. ie: I didn't get the secret, I didn't even open it'. In my opinion, this product is a bit dishonest.
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Hi all,
Anyone performing this in the U.k. ..if so can you tell me where you get the extra long matches from? ....and has anyone used it just with the standard size match ..if so how good is the effect?

Thanks
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2013-04-12 10:06, goshawk wrote:
Hi all,
Anyone performing this in the U.k. ..if so can you tell me where you get the extra long matches from? ....and has anyone used it just with the standard size match ..if so how good is the effect?

Thanks

Sainsbury's, matey. Look in the kitchen isle for Cooking Matches.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » COMBUSTION - by Arron Jones (WizardFX Productions) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL