The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GIVEAWAY!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Oscar Zaldivar
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Oscar Zaldivar
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 18:02, Astrocity wrote:
Oscar sent me a review copy as well...thank you for your generosity here on the Café Oscar.

While I think it's a very solid, doable method, I don't think I would use it in the way he describes in the E-Book. I think I would use this to help close a gig with a decision maker by personalizing the prediction (name, company name, etc.), and maybe even a date and/or time if the meeting or phone call was scheduled in advance. The second way I think this might be very useful would be to use it in a stage show where you use the entire audience to randomly choose a card and at the end of the show, pass out a business card or postcard with the prediction link printed on it. Again, personalizing it to that performance, name of venue and date, etc., would make it more powerful since the prediction was "posted" long before the actual performance. This would also allow for the dirty work to be done immediately after the show backstage as well or by an assistant at that point in the show. This would allow you to add a good percentage of that audience to your Facebook. simply ask them on the postcard that if they enjoyed the prediction they made to like the page and/or friend you on Facebook. There have been a lot of ways developed to try to get people to connect to you as a performer via Facebook, this one has them right there on Facebook seeing an effect happen that they helped to create. If ever there was a time they would friend you, I think that would be it. This could cost some money in printing but for a corporate performer doing an important stage show for the company execs or a corporate network event where there are decision makers from many companies present, it would be worth the expense. Now that I think of it, you could also use this at a Trade Show and get the company hiring you to pay for the postcards. Instead of liking and/or friending you on Facebook, they connect with the company and/or product.

On a separate note, I did not read "Tube" by Mr. Messina, but I did immediately think of that effect when I started to read the description of this one. Also, there are no credits or acknowledgements given in this E-Book, perhaps Oscar you should consider adding that if and when you release this to the magic community.

Overall a nice concept...well done Oscar.

Hank

This is a GREAT idea, this is why I release effects for FREE so anyone can use it and maybe come ump with something that helps him , thanks for your idea and review Hank.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12049 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 20:21, Oscar Zaldivar wrote:
Quote:
Looks like you are holding a GUN in your avator ? bad taste if it is man?.

Yes it is, a 9mm pietro beretta, Why bad taste? (:

Right on BRO!! 2 amendment Right ON!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Oscar kindly sent me the manuscript. I echo the above reviews. Simple and similar to Tube. The good thing is that it is applied to Facebook. With a little bit of thinking, you can actually expand on the effect. And of course, this is not restricted to cards. Those who own Tube already have ideas to use. And of course, you can come up with your own.

Where I feel this surpasses Tube is the simplicity of the prep work. You can use just text which can be done quickly. You can use pictures or even videos. The nature of the prediction is really what makes FB a superior choice compared to Youtube. And you do get the same effect: prediction made prior to the performance.

I like it. I loved Tube and now I have something to add to the arsenal of 'online predictions'.

Thank you Oscar.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I received a copy as well. It's a well constructed five page manuscript. If you're willing to put in the prep work, it seems like a worker. It's a nice idea in that it's not an app and facebook is such a widely used medium that many
people will receive this well. It would also play nice as over the phone mentalism as well. Bravo Oscar.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I can only repeat what the above posts have said. It will take a little time to set up, but then you are ready to rock. It's "doable," so go do it and have some fun Smile

Regards, Steve
thepspdope
View Profile
Regular user
With Roughly About
173 Posts

Profile of thepspdope
Thank you Oscar for sending me your effect. It's an awesome idea. I cannot believe you told me your english was not very good and it might be hard to read - you are very wrong my friend. It is well written and explained and the pdf looks very professional.

I am currently setting up variation B as I think it is really worth putting in the effort to set it up one time properly. Great idea and thank you again for sharing your clever thoughts Smile
- just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you!
Bande
View Profile
Veteran user
392 Posts

Profile of Bande
Oscar sent me this a few weeks ago, and I wanted to wait on reviewing it until I had performed it at least 10 times -- seems only fair. For background I am a purely amateur/hobbyist performing for friends, family and colleagues -- I work in a very technical field so audience can be tough. Smile My skill level is beginner/intermidiate I would guess -- I can do a DL, EC, classic FD, retention vanish but not much more. Smile

I got the manuscript, reasd it and immediately understood it -- this is a big deal to me, as I have mixed success with books vs DVDs -- I know this is a hotly debated issue, so just my experience. My first impression was easy to do, a little bit of a pain to set up, and not sure it will really fool people,,,but it might. I performed it first for my wife who was badly fooled which gave me some hope and confidence. Next I tried it on some of my non-technical friends and got very good reactions each time with no one grocking the method. Emblodened I tried it on some colleagues, fully expecting at least one would intuit the method -- but nope -- great reactions each time and no one even trying to figure it out.

So bottom line -- fun effect, easy to do and good results. I would reccomend it.
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Whoa, I just know another thing with facebook. I've not thought about his method.It's too easy to do but I didn't know it Smile Thanks for sharing this work with us Smile
Kenny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GIVEAWAY!!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL