We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » (W)hole deck by Marc Arthur (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I produced this, it's a worker and it's $30
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 16:06, Kozmo wrote:
I produced this, it's a worker and it's $30

Kozmo,

Where, in the USA, can this be purchased?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Keep in mind the cards are never in the box, because you have to produce the circles at the end. So for pocket management you have to make room for a one trick deck, and its box. Visual, looks fun but not a worker for walk around in my opinion.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2474 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I think the dumping of the holes is a bit of a mess. A fun mess but a mess none the less. I would probably skip that part and just end with the hole jumping to the deck.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
I don't see any need to dump out the cutouts. The ending should be to put the cards in the box and then restore them. Dump the card out and show a regular deck. Now that would be a kicker ending.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I strongly disagree that this isn't a worker with respect. However I would not do the productin of the holes at the end. Not important. The effect is the hole deck with oles. Very strong and a big surprise.

It will be available in the next 2 weeks inside the US
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
But Ina show situation the productions of the holes is great
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 23:46, Kozmo wrote:
I strongly disagree that this isn't a worker with respect. However I would not do the productin of the holes at the end. Not important. The effect is the hole deck with oles. Very strong and a big surprise.

It will be available in the next 2 weeks inside the US

Agreed, I don't think I would do the end production.

I USUALLY stay away from one deck effects, but a switch of decks after this routine is kind of justified! Or I would use it as my closing card routine.
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Hey guys!

This is now in stock and ready to be shipped!

(W)hole Red Version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Dec......deck.htm

(W)hole Blue Version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Dec......_blu.htm

P.S I think it's a worker! Smile

Regards
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
*** straight Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The WPR lads "featured" it on today's show. They said if they were reviewing it, it would have gotten worker of the week ( they are only doing Blackpool features this week ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMveSdCouDg
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 12:12, geggy wrote:
That looks soooo obvious whats going on.....one for short sighted spectators..

If you are talking about the portion of the routine where the hole 'visibly' transfers from one card to the other as the card is moved back and forth slowly on the deck, this (to me) is reminiscient of "Bag For Life", where what looks visible to us is not noticed by the spectator due to what they assume they are seeing.

That's how I read it, anyway.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
310 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On 2013-02-20 16:58, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 12:12, geggy wrote:
That looks soooo obvious whats going on.....one for short sighted spectators..

If you are talking about the portion of the routine where the hole 'visibly' transfers from one card to the other as the card is moved back and forth slowly on the deck, this (to me) is reminiscient of "Bag For Life", where what looks visible to us is not noticed by the spectator due to what they assume they are seeing.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Yes I did mean that exactly..But your right it maybe would not be obvious to layman....Its just not for me.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
£24 for a deck with holes punched in it! You could always cut the holes yourself, perhaps square ones to make it easier.
Better still, read Simon Lovell's trick called 'Heartless', where all the deck apart from the 4 kings ends up with their centres completely missing.
It's in his 'Simon Says' book, amongst other places.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Geggy are you serious? This would SLAY lay people! You are a magician, my friend. That's why it's obvious to you. Dave Forrest has a similar effect to the first phase from his Project Zero DVD and it's killer. A decent deck switch and you are gold for this.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
This looks a lot like Jay Sankey's "Terra Unfirma" from 'The Sankey Sanders Sessions.' It looks like they have taken it to a whole (no pun intended, ok maybe a little) new level. I think this would definitely get great reactions.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm pretty sure this plays very strong for lay people.....POSITIVE!
It's so deceptive....when Craig did it he didn't use all the displays showing the deck as real....Marcs handling is so strong....Killed me when I first saw it
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Marc showed me this at the Magic Convention .. this kicks butt!!!

The Guy is a freakin genius!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Most magicians who pick up a worker like this understand that lay people don't expect anything....by the way I marc do this live and he fooled the crap out of me.....this thing is awesome....
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
A real worker in my opinion get this and the cooler to switch decks under fire you got a miracle :-}
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » (W)hole deck by Marc Arthur (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL