The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Springboard by Michael Murray (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi everyone.

This has allready been mentioned in Blackpool 2013 releases by Michael but I thought I may as well start a thread here just for Springboard.

Several weeks ago in MAGICBOX my friend Michael Murray asked if I wanted to see something new he was working on.I said yes and he performed this.

Having had this done on me and also having read the manuscript, it's my opinion( based on a lot of years in magic) that this is very good. It will create a lasting impression on whoever it's performed on, and people WILL actually use this to fry people.

There are 3 main effects explained, but in reality the sky is the limit using this principle and I feel although the routines are all excellent, Mikey M is just scratching the surface and more routines will be fortcoming.

1/The Knowing- Where a spectator reads your mind starting from a card that they have created and changed in their mind. Sounds complicated but is very simple and straight forward.2/One Thought- where you hold one card in your hand which is face down and the spectator reads your thoughts and tells you what it is. A type of Kolossal Killer effect without the wallet3/An effect with a borrowed watch-The assistant sets a time on a watch then forms a new time in their mind and all is revealed.

I am not going to Blackpool but I recommend that you to drop by MAGICBOX and ask Michael to dem some of these effects as you will want to buy the booklet and he will probably sell out.Or at the hotel ask him to show you them(he may give the principle away if he's had a drink or two lol)
Seriously though get Michael to show you something using the Springboard Principal and he will most likely fool you.

Mike Donoghue
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

I cannot recommend this enough, Michael is an amazing thinker and the main inspiration behind my latest work.

Springboard is genius.

Fantastic stuff as always Michael.

Best

R
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
This is seriously good stuff. It's completely new and a VERY clever way of knowing what card someone is thinking of without them ever naming a color, suit, or value. It's also a great card force.

First it walks you through the springboard principle then it teaches 4 basic routines.

1. The Knowing: You basically teach the spectator how to read minds. The magician think of a card then takes them step by step until they think they know which card the magician is thinking of. Once they think they know, the magician names the card he was thinking of and the spectator freaks because they were able to accurately or pretty accurately read your mind.

2. The Killer: It teaches you how to use this as a force. Basically, the spectator places a card into their pocket. You then teach them how to discover a cards identity. And they eventually name he card they think it is, remove the card from their pocket, and it is the card they named.

3. Duplopia: This is my favorite. It's basically Paul Vigil's "Diplopia" routine but without the need for a full deck and no math. This one is SO good. They think of a card, you think of a card, and you are able to find each others cards. When I performed this for a magician the other day, it went perfectly and he was absolutely dumbfounded. He had no clue how he knew my card or how I knew his.

4. Watch this: This is the only non-card trick taught. But I'm sure there are more. The magician thinks of a time. And the spectator is able to read his mind.

It gives another idea using an invisible deck as well.

For the first 3 routines, you just need a deck of cards. It doesn't even have to be full. It can be the crappiest deck from the back of the bar that only has 10 cards.

This will take some practice as there is a specific script and set of actions that needs to be used. Once you understand the concept, you can take it and make it your own. I've only tried this 3 times. Once it worked PERFECTLY. The other two didn't go well at all (probably just because of my lack of rehearsal.) But the thing is, if it fails, it really doesn't matter. You're teaching then how to read minds. If they don't get it the first time, so what?

Basically, you need to get this. It's a concept I have never seen before and its pretty easy to understand. Get it.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just performed duplopia again and it went PERFECTLY. This seriously kills. I love it.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Firstly a big thanks to Mike who has let slip about my alcohol addiction, those that want the method for free just get me drunk at Blackpool Smile

Thanks Rus for the kind words. As Mike said I've only just begun to scratch the surface of this principle and it is my sincere hope that others take this in their own direction. Rus Andrews "Also Known As" is a prime example of this and is a testament to his own creative thinking. Be sure to pick this up guys!

Magic.maddy I'm so pleased your having fun with this, duplopia is a great effect even for even seasoned magicians and mentalists. Put the work in with the other ideas and I'm sure you will love them just as much Smile

If anyone isn't going to Blackpool I have this available as an ebook. Send me a pm for further info Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Hoping to find time to chat with you at Blackpool, Michael.

Steve
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6887 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Michael's stuff is always really cool. This sounds great!
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
rasp
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of rasp
I am late in coming to the party with a review of 'springboard'. Two reasons for this.........

First...... because I am not very good at writing reviews, and sometimes get carried away and reveal things by accident that maybe I should not have in an open forum,
as Max Krause can testify to that...... apologies again Max if you happen to read this thread.

Second....... because my head is spinning after reading Springboard!!! Seriously, I think the thinking behind this principle is genius, and oh so simple to follow. That does not mean in any shape or form that one should go out immediately and begin performing this. I think it deserves that a person should invest in the time and effort, honing the presentation until it is flawless. As others have stated in earlier posts, this is not confined merely to the revelation of a thought of card, this principle can take you in numerous directions!!

Jump in and pick a route!!

Ian.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Wow, sounds great!
Hopefully I'll find out more at Blackpool.... Smile
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have read both Rus " Also known as" and Michaels " Springboad".

My recomendation is that you buy both of these creators products as they are both very good.I am sure both of these guys will extend the principle even further as they never stop thinking.

Thanks Rus & Mikey M for doing all the hard work for us mere mortals lol.

Mike Donoghue.
ps. It's a late review as I have just got in from talking rubbish to people and doing daft tricks. yep magic shows. Ps. Michael thanks for my birthday wishes today M8
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11453 Posts

Profile of John C
Great! Wonderful new concept in thinking. Not many "new" ideas of late because Michael Murray has taken the breath out of the creative center of the universe.

I like this idea called SpringBoard. I call it an idea. There are many things you can do with this. Michael has a way of making a trick look and feel to the spec like some real intuition, influence, he gives the spectator a reason they can take away for somethig really weird happening to them. They won't walk away with the usual "How'd he do that" line and then forget about it. They witnessed some real psychology and they realize it happend to them in that short space of time.

Cool stuff!! It's the stuff we all look for.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Late chiming in here..
I really enjoyed this, as mentioned earlier in the thread Michael has touched bew ground with his thinking here.
The applications for "spectator as mindreader" really do go beyond whats printed up.
The thinking performer will take the principles and find ways to use this in many routines.
The card material is top notch!, but the watch routine really got my brain working.
Rarely does something come to market which is this simple and widely applicable, whilst most importantly being a great, great effect.
There is that moment of why didn't I think of that, but I enjoy that, as you smile at how clever and devious the thinking is.
Michael could of easily made this a limited, expensive manuscript and I don't think anyone who bought this would of felt cheated.
Hes chosen to make this readily available at a very good price. Take advantage!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Michael, are you selling this through 'The Magic Box'? Or are you only selling it privately?

Cheers!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Steve I look forward to seeing you again, it's been a few years and perhaps we can grab a pint or two Smile

Kyle I look forward to meeting you there too! Perhaps you will also join me and Steve for a beer!

Cameron thanks for the kind words I'm sure this will help get your own creative juices flowing then again your a creativity machine! As a side note your Transformer Wallet is fantastic!

Rasp, John and Dylan Magic I thank you sincerely for the very kind words. Your feedback you give me inspires me in more ways that you will ever know!

Bob at this moment I'm just selling the ebook privately. Printed versions can be done on request for Blackpool. This is all part of a bigger project that I've had on the back burner for far too many years...more info on this to follow!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I am not sure what the secret project is. But I hope it is a large book. You need to collect more of your ideas in one place - so that they can get the considered attention they deserve.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Bob you must be a mind reader Smile

I've had a book in the works for at least years and needed a push to get it finished Springboard is one of many ideas that will be in there and I wanted to test the water with a couple of them to gauge the interest level.

The feedback I've received so far has given me the much needed incentive to get this finished!

Best Wishes Michael

rasp
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of rasp
Michael, if you need a proof reader.......... Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Rasp, if anything happens to my present proof reader ill come knocking Smile

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2177 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Springboard principle

I purchased this today from Michael, and had a read through it, and I think the idea behind it is new.

I first read Rus Andrews AKA, which derived from Michaels Springboard idea.

I perform AKA all the time, and now I will have an extra bit with the Spingboard principle.

Michael shares with you several ideas and variations so you can go anywhere you want with this.

I really enjoyed all the ideas in the 24 page ebook, and fairly inexpensive for what you get.

All in all I agree with the above postings in that you cant go wrong with this, plus after reading this your head will be spinning with ideas on ways to use it, plus you will be more knowledgeable as well, and have a little bit of an edge over your fellow magi or mentalists.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6887 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
All I can say is "Wow!" This is such a cool principle. My mind is literally reeling with ideas for it. Great stuff, Michael!

BTW, thank you for the kind words about Wallet Transformer. Smile
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Springboard by Michael Murray (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL